Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

So if something is described as 'used' it should not be shrunk should it?!

(6 Posts)
AnarchyAunt Wed 27-May-09 17:40:28

Just bought DD a woolen dress that was described as 'used' but no mention of the fact it had been washed too hot and has shrunk and felted to the point where DD can hardly get into it. Its a size bigger than she needs so its hardly as if she is just too big either. Its got whats meant to be a fluffy pom-pom on the hood thats turned to a solid wool ball.

'Used' doesn't excuse this does it?

icedgemsrock Wed 27-May-09 19:17:23

No contact them and they have to give you your money back as the item is not as described

Pingpong Wed 27-May-09 21:48:57

oh dear it sounds minging !
Ask for a refund - like icegems says 'item not as described'

AnarchyAunt Wed 27-May-09 22:17:56

She has refunded me. Sent me a message telling me her 9yo wore it til earlier this year - god only knows how as DD (6) really struggled to get into it and she is quite small for her age. Hey ho...

Pingpong Wed 27-May-09 23:35:43

sounds like the 9yo wore it a lot and she bunged it in a hot wash before selling it to get it really clean !
Glad you got your refund though.

ilovesprouts Mon 08-Jun-09 15:27:33

i too just bought some vests of someone she said they was used !! omg used they was they was all baggy /tatty and the yellow one was a dirty yellow yuk and the necks was too baggy they would have gone over my neck never mind ds i let her no what i thought but she has not replied yethmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now