Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Can anyone advise me on best way to sell a MASSDIVE lot of DD`s designer clothes ?

(13 Posts)
shamefulx Wed 27-May-09 15:49:14

I have at least 2 dustbin bags of designer clothes belonging to my dd`s .
There is literally over 1000.00 worth when new
Should i put the whole lot on as one item or would they do better in smaller bundles ?
The girls are having any money made btw for their summer holiday !
Any advise would be most welcome.
Cheers

TreeHuggerMum1 Wed 27-May-09 16:12:23

Do you have a NCT near you, put them into their Nearly New sale.

nickschick Wed 27-May-09 16:13:49

Ebay

expatinscotland Wed 27-May-09 16:14:08

i second NCT. you take the cash and then LEAVE afterwards.

Ebay's become a place where many buyers just take the piss.

pavlovthecat Wed 27-May-09 16:15:47

ebay - or on here.

Most expensive items sell individually as you will get more in total. I am not good with job lots as I only like one or two items and the postage is high for things I do not really want.

But, if you have good quality items that wont get much on their own, then sell them in small lots of 2-3 to get a couple of £ for them.

Paolosgirl Wed 27-May-09 16:17:21

I second NCT. I was had by some cow woman in the Midlands the last time I sold something, and Paypal refunded her the money before I'd even blinked angry. Ebay is becoming a place where buyers can get away with murder.

shamefulx Wed 27-May-09 17:08:00

NCT is a good idea but the clothes are for a teen ?
Didn`t realise ebay had got so awful- thanks for telling me.
Might do a link on here also - thanks

PersephoneSnape Wed 27-May-09 18:00:44

I'll give you a fiver for the lot! grin

seriously - ebay is a pain, i think you'd do better on here...if you were going with ebay I'd sell as a job lot with a low start but with a reserve that is the least you would accept. best of luck

Paolosgirl Wed 27-May-09 19:06:54

Sorry, shamefulx, I thought they were for younger children. The NCT is probably not the place then..

Give ebay a go, but be really strict in your advert as to who you you will sell to (ie, no-one who hides their feedback, you nasty Midland's woman), always send recorded delivery, if you're offering a collection option specify cash only, let buyers know when you'll post etc etc, and set a reserve as Persephone says.

Or you could offer them on MN and let have first dibs wink grin

RebeccaP604 Sat 13-Oct-12 16:27:21

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

chelseananny Tue 23-Oct-12 21:49:08

I think ebay is definitely the place to sell. Just sold some of my friends baby stuff (quite a few designer things) and got over 300 pounds for it.

You do need to be careful though as people have said above buyers seem to be getting a lot better deal on ebay these day (in terms of refunds being granted) you just need to be honest in your listing if there is a hole (no matter how small) say that in description. and say refer to the photo for more details (if its a shade of colour as some people might say its something else to what you think it is etc.

I think small lots are best or something really good on its own.

Proof of postage is a must at the post office!

HalleLouja Wed 24-Oct-12 12:42:14

I would send it all recorded delivery just to make sure it is all received. Worth a go on ebay.

JackThePumpkinKing Wed 24-Oct-12 12:44:16

What an old thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now