Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Parcelfarce or courier - item over 5 kg ?

(7 Posts)
notcitrus Tue 12-May-09 22:21:44

I've listed a laptop and accessories for sale, and put p+p at £11.99 as all the similar ones were £12ish.

Checked Royal Mail site and max weight for parcels is 5kg. Weighed items and together they're over 5 kg, prob 6 with packing!

How can I send it? Parcelforce or a better option? The item is worth under £100.

Also I've been asked if I'll send to Spain - is there a scam-proof way to do that? Only 1 watcher so would like to say yes if I can be sure not getting ripped off.

Thanks.

notcitrus Wed 13-May-09 18:19:43

bump?

KnickKnack Wed 13-May-09 18:34:41

Do you have Fastway in UK?
In Ireland they are one of the cheapest couriers (they're very reliable too)

lol @ Parcelfarce

notcitrus Thu 14-May-09 19:02:54

Thanks Knick.
Looked up Fastway - they don't seem to cover London! They do random bits of the country and are advertising for more franchisees.

So no good. Parcelforce will do for the UK (only £1 more than I've charged), but would be £49 to Spain!

ironstone Sat 16-May-09 14:13:04

I use www.collectmyparcel.com & used to use www.discountdeliveryuk.co.uk as they are 20p more but still really good. They both use DHL and I use them for all my ebay listings

notcitrus Sun 17-May-09 20:00:31

Thank you - have emailed discountdelivery for a quote to Spain (despite all the spelling mistakes on their website and the requirement to be a Mr, Mrs or Miss and have a phone number...grr!)

mowcop Sat 30-May-09 22:56:12

I know it's too late now, but I send 10+ parcels a week and use www.interparcel.com.
They are £8.04 for upto 20kg with UPS. Might be useful to know for next time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now