Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

does this mean 30 pounds to collect item?

(8 Posts)
PrammyMammy Fri 27-Feb-09 23:53:42

here
Looks like it. Maybe a mistake? Are you aloud to do that?

mrsmaidamess Fri 27-Feb-09 23:55:05

That's got to be a cock up. Why on earth would it cost you £30 to collect it in person??

StudentMadwife Fri 27-Feb-09 23:57:11

Might be that theyre trying to make extra money out of it, without paying to set a reserve price IYSWIM. ask

PrammyMammy Fri 27-Feb-09 23:57:29

I sent them a message asking because i need a cot and it is close by, but i dont want to bid just incase.

sixlostmonkeys Sat 28-Feb-09 09:56:27

You are allowed to charge for collection yes. Evidence of this is the fact that on Turbo Lister (not sure about other) there is a box for your charge to be inserted when you tick the local pick-up option.
How they justify a charge is debatable, but basically ebay won't be interested. You have done right in asking questions prior to bidding and obviously have the option to 'not' bid.
Tbh I'd be more worried about the fact that they are not showing photos of the actual cot they have.

Mspontipine Sat 28-Feb-09 11:40:58

If it is for pick up that's blatent fees avoidance. How much electricity does a door bell use?!

HappyMummyOfOne Sat 28-Feb-09 13:38:32

I'd be worried re no picture too, I dont bid on anything that doesnt have an actual picture rather then one taken from another site.

However as it is cash on collection you can actual see the item before you take it.

The cot is green though so he couldnt actually be bothered to find the right picture either and somebody has already questionned the colour.

Mspontipine Sat 28-Feb-09 16:22:39

Hey there - I messaged them querying the £30 and that is for UK delivery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now