Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

So, who's supposed to...

(7 Posts)
Wuxiapian Mon 19-Jan-09 12:12:22

... claim for a missing parcel - sender or buyer?

Seller sent item 5th Jan recorded.

Just emailed her to tell her package not yet arrived.

Can't I just ask her for a refund and SHE claim?

How does it work?

Thanks in advance for ny responses.

sixlostmonkeys Mon 19-Jan-09 13:45:48

The seller needs to refund the buyer and claim herself from RM.

Wuxiapian Mon 19-Jan-09 16:37:45

Thanks, sixlostmonkeys.

Seller has just sent this...

"I have jsut spoken to Royal Mail and they have advised for you to wait 15 working days and if the item has still not been received to then download a claim form from their website and claim your money back. This is Tracking Number: ******** I have entered this code into the R.M website however it says the item has not yet been delivered"

So, do I ask her to refund what I paid her?

Thanks again.

squilly Tue 20-Jan-09 16:37:28

I sell a lot on ebay. I'd advise you to wait til the period had expired, then I'd refund and process the claim for you.

BUT I would ask you to check your local sorting office, cos a few of my recent 'lost' parcels have turned up at the local sorting offices. The post office just seem to miss leaving cards over Christmas.

Once you've done this, you've done all you can. I'd say it's down to the seller to refund. They have an obligation to do so under Ebay rules and if you've paid by Paypal, you can claim back through them.

I'm fairly sure I'm right, but I'd check the Ebay buyer protection, just to be on the safe side. Hope you manage to sort it successfully.

Wuxiapian Wed 21-Jan-09 00:14:53

Thanks, squilly.

I'll leave it until about the 5th feb, then.

Hoping parcel's just been caught up in xmas backlog, maybe?

What a pain.

wohmum Wed 21-Jan-09 00:17:14

I had a parcel not arrive before christmas and my seller refunded me straight away withno quibble.

they should sort it out with RM not you., but best to wait until tracking shows it has being delivered so wait a few days..

Wuxiapian Wed 04-Feb-09 16:29:10

Parcel still hasn't arrived - it's been 30 in total since seller posted!

I didn't pay through Ebay, I paid directly in to her bank account.

Does anyone know where I might stand with this?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now