Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Can someone explain where I find out the cost of postal insurance please?

(6 Posts)
meemar Mon 03-Nov-08 15:16:10

Hi, I'm selling an item and have had 2 people asking me to give them a price for p+p to Europe. I'd like to give them the option of postal insurance, but can't seem to find out any information about it - can anyone direct me to a link somewhere.

Thanks smile

SNOWBall4girlz Mon 03-Nov-08 15:24:20

hi there it was about 3.50 international signed for plus postage
the last time I sent something to europe look at the post office site they list the prices but do not know the web address

sixlostmonkeys Mon 03-Nov-08 15:29:38

look at the Royal Mail website.

Don't give them an option - the insurance is for your benefit not theirs. They could opt out of insurance but if anything happens you are responsible for the refund etc

meemar Mon 03-Nov-08 15:30:44

Oh, I see - is 'Signed For' the same as getting postal insurance then? I was looking for a specific thing called 'postal insurance' and couldn't find it blush

Can you tell I'm fairly new to selling? grin

Thanks!

sixlostmonkeys Mon 03-Nov-08 15:35:04

not the same thing no.
you are auto insured up to a certain amount but if the value exceeds then its always best to take out extra insurance

meemar Mon 03-Nov-08 15:48:42

Thanks, the item itself is not particularly valuable - it will probably sell for no more than £15.

Is it worth using Signed For just for the peace of mind of the signature?

TBH I'm not really bothered if the high postage cost puts them off, I'd prefer to just send within the UK - less hassle all round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now