Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seller refunded and sent me the items, up to me to pay???

(5 Posts)
JustKeepScreamingInFear Thu 30-Oct-08 16:37:48

I'm all in a dither about this!

I bought a pair of framed Lowry prints for DH for Christmas, total cost £6.20.
I paid.
Buyer then refunded £6.61 and emailed saying he had noticed some damage to one frame so had refunded winning bid + p&p + Paypal charges and he said it was up to me to decide what to pay once the items arrived. hmm

Today the pictures arrived. One frame is slightly damaged at the bottom. When it's hung on the wall you wouldn't notice (unless it was hung really high up I guess!).
So now what do I do?

I feel really uncomfortable and think I will just pay the £6.61 (or £6.20?). My max bid would have been a total of £7.00 so I am happy to have spent that much. Don't even know how to pay him now! Though of course it is tempting not to pay anything.....

I would normally ask DH but don't want to give away the present - he's hard enough to buy for as it is

WWYD?

sarah573 Thu 30-Oct-08 16:50:09

What an honest thing for the seller to do, although it does put you in a bit of a predicament.

How much would you have bid on the prints if you had known about the damage? If you wouldn't have bid at all then send him nothing (of just the cost of postage), if you would have paid half the amount send him that, and if you would have bid the same send him the whole amount.

If he has refunded through the original payment, then the item should be showing as unpaid in your won list. You should be able to pay again, just deduct anything you don't want to pay where it says additional charges or deductions on the payment page.

If he has sent you the payment separately go into paypal find the payment and press the refund button near the bottom of the page. Again you can change the amount you are refunding.

Lilyloo Thu 30-Oct-08 16:53:43

JKS i would maybe knock a pound off for damage and pay the rest what a lovely seller shame not everyone is like that on there!

JustKeepScreamingInFear Thu 30-Oct-08 20:14:21

Have, hopefully anyway, sent him back the money minus a pound. Not sure i've done it right...

I prob wouldn't have bought them but i don't think DH will really mind. The frames aren't really why i bought them so we would prob get them reframed at some point anyway.

thanks for your replies

forevercleaningwithmybesoms Thu 30-Oct-08 20:16:05

send him a fiver. job done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now