Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Man sued for negative feedback!!!

(7 Posts)
lottiejenkins Fri 24-Oct-08 08:38:20

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1079968/Man-sold-wrong-phone-eBay-sued-seller-leaving-negative-feed back.html

Bit scary this!

sixlostmonkeys Fri 24-Oct-08 09:34:55

he hasn't been sued. The seller simply had a go at scaring him. he just sent a county court form to him - libel can't be dealt with on this.

i wonder what he will do about the other 8 negs? does he not think that 8 negs and 10 neutrals may be affecting his business?
he has poor t&cs on his listings, doesn't give his business address and doesn't comply with distance selling regs. Boy oh boy is he going to regret sending that claim form!

lottiejenkins Fri 24-Oct-08 09:43:26

Sorry!

sixlostmonkeys Fri 24-Oct-08 10:03:25

gosh no! wasn't have a go at you! really sorry.

i really should watch how I word things.
It's the way the daily wail 'reports' stuff wink

lottiejenkins Fri 24-Oct-08 10:59:42

Its ok i was worried he may sue me for wrongful reporting of comments!! hmm

thisisyesterday Fri 24-Oct-08 11:03:25

you know what though, i do think it's a bit off giving negative when you've received the wrong item and it has been returned and you've been fully refunded.

Bride1 Fri 24-Oct-08 11:04:29

He's probably the same person who goes on holiday and looks around at his hotel room to see if there's anything he can make a claim about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now