Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Argh, why won't they sell ??

(9 Posts)
IllegallyBrunette Thu 23-Oct-08 23:09:08

I have now tried to sell a pair of brand new boots on ebay 3 times and each time, not only did they not sell, they didn't even get any watchers.

They are a pair of Caterpillar boots which I brought off there about 4 mths ago for £50. That seemed to be the going rate for them at that time as there were several other pairs for similar prices.

I have tried lowering the buy it now price to £35 but they still won't sell.

If I link to my listing can someone please look and tell me if I am somehow doing something wrong ?

I need these to sell.

httboots

IllegallyBrunette Thu 23-Oct-08 23:09:39

tryagain

DeadTall Thu 23-Oct-08 23:13:07

Try lowering your starting price again - even if it is lower than you would like it's better than not selling at all. People are attracted to low starting prices, but then they get hooked on the auction and end up paying more than they originally intended (I know, I've done it!) You may be surprised by the amount you end up with. Good luck!

IllegallyBrunette Thu 23-Oct-08 23:15:49

Hmm I don't know. I really can't afford to let them go for less than the £35. I paid £50 and have never worn them.

Perhaps i will sleep on it.

KaplumbagaBloodyBones Thu 23-Oct-08 23:19:43

I would list them in childrens shoes too. They are a very small size lol. Wish they were an 8!

IllegallyBrunette Thu 23-Oct-08 23:22:47

Yes i did think maybe I should do that, although I think that most people who were looking for boots for a child/teen would look in the adult shoes section anyway if they are that size.

I know I do anyway.

Have relisted with a starting price of £20 and a buy it now price of £40.

If they don't sell this time I think I will leave it for a bit as I don't want to keep paying fees if they aren't going to sell.

KaplumbagaBloodyBones Thu 23-Oct-08 23:25:39

Can you not list them for 10 days? Give people more chance of seeing them.
I wouldn't think to look in womans shoes for my DD. (when she gets bigger feet!)

Might be worth taking a photo of the soles of the boots, proves they haven't been worn. It's what sold me last time I purchsed a pair off ebay.

And I agree to try and sell them under childrens shoes too

mumofdjandbabies Fri 24-Oct-08 17:48:35

ooh they may fit me! grin
a risk though when diff shoe sizes come up diff eh thats why i am a bit wary buying shoes on ebay plus I can only afford £30 for winter boots this year max!

But they do look lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now