Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Can I change the postage charge once an item is listed?

(10 Posts)
Lovingthepink Tue 21-Oct-08 16:36:04

I have listed an item and estimated price at £3 but when I posted exactly the same item today it cost nearly £5 opps!!! Can I change the one listed. I have one bid at 99p already and when I go to revise item it doesn't seem to let me. I assume that I should learn from my mistake.....

Lovingthepink Tue 21-Oct-08 17:06:23

bump

Elk Tue 21-Oct-08 17:14:06

I don't know the answer to this. Have you tried asking in the forums on ebay's community section. The people there are really knowledgeable and mostly quite nice.

Cheesesarnie Tue 21-Oct-08 17:16:50

i dont think you can once you have a bid on an item.sadly its basically bad luck and research next time.what was it out of interest?

ANTagony Tue 21-Oct-08 17:17:24

You can cancel the item auction and then revise and re-list. You'll have to pay the listing fee still and obviously loose your 1 bidder.

Ebay don't like you doing this often which is fair enough.

You have to give reasons so I'd go for error in description.

Lovingthepink Tue 21-Oct-08 17:46:21

Thanks everyone. It is a Thomas the Tank Engine storage thing which is really light but needed to be packaged well as I was worried it would break on journey. This added some weight which I had not accounted for. I think I will leave it and just learn from my mistake. Mind you might be an idea to cancel as it was put on during the free listing weekend. Will decide tonight. Thanks for your help.

sarah573 Wed 22-Oct-08 11:19:44

I don't think you have to end the item, but you will have to cancel the bid before you can change it.

lilysmummy2007 Wed 22-Oct-08 11:30:44

put a revision in very bold print at the bottom about the increased p+p and send a note to the bidder as well, if they cancel the bid then you can revise it

Volkl Wed 22-Oct-08 11:42:24

just an idea - why not put the item number on here, you may find some MNetters will be interested wink

Cheesesarnie Wed 22-Oct-08 14:29:15

Volkl not allowed too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now