Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Opened paypal dispute - seller sent wrong items. What do I do next?

(5 Posts)
Flightattendant2 Tue 21-Oct-08 15:03:13

I'm starting a new thread as the other one on AIBU got a bit complicated.

Basically I paid in advance for a pair of curtains that the seller has taken weeks and weeks to make. Finally she sent them after I opened a paypal dispute, but they are totally the wrong size and are not as we agreed - no blackout lining (which I paid extra for).
They are no good to me and I rang her to say so but I suspect she already knew. hmm

Paypal won't cover it as I claimed non receipt and now she has proof of delivery, they will find in her favour. angry

If I had bought them through ebay I'd be covered for not as described, but I didn't - I asked her to make a pair to the correct size and she hasn't. (She said she might have sent them to someone else by mistake but seemed very vague - so I don't believe her)

What can I do? I know where she lives and it's not that far from me but would there be any point turning up and demanding a refund? She offered to make me another pair but tbh I've had it now and can't wait that long. I paid over 6 weeks ago. It's cold!!! I have no curtains!!

Arghhhhhhhhhh

sixlostmonkeys Tue 21-Oct-08 15:25:35

email her and explain that whilst it's nice of her to offer you simply have waited long enough and have now bought elsewhere. Tell her you believe the best thing to do is to drive over and return them and get a refund. Ask her when the best time would be to call so that either you or your dh can call. Hopefully this will make her have a think about simply refunding you.

just thinking -Is there any way in paypal you can add a note that the they are wrong and offer her emails that confirm this?

missjennipenni Tue 21-Oct-08 15:34:46

you wouldnt have been covered by paypal even if you had bought through ebay, as you can only open one dispute per item.

Sorry< i know that doesnt help!

Can you go down the small claims route? or at least threaten her with it?

Flightattendant2 Tue 21-Oct-08 15:38:22

Thanks Six, I've posted a note on the dispute saying I've received the wrong ones but they said when I rang them that even if it had been an empty package, the fact I signed for it means she'd win the cae. hmm

Which is crazy.
Anyway I rang her again to say I definitely would like a refund, she has agreed to arrange collection for tomorrow and once she has them back I'll get the money back. I'm not sure about this as what if she doesn't refund...I'll have no curtains either.
On the other hand she said she will refund the other amount (£55) now, so at least I have something, and she said she understands why I am fed up.

I'm just waiting to see if she does what she says. If I don't have the £55 by tonight I shan't let DHL take the package and I'll do what you suggest, ie tell her I'll bring them back myself.

Thanks for the ideas. Hoping desperately that she is actually not pissing me about again and will do what she said...

Flightattendant2 Tue 21-Oct-08 15:43:37

Missjenni - actually I thought that too, but when I rang they were going to suggest I email them with the details and ask them to convert it into a SNAD dispute instead - it's only because it was off ebay that they can't do that. So worth remembering if you do have one of these problems on an ebay purchase.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now