Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

been a bit stupid - am i now paying the consequences.(sorry long)

(16 Posts)
littleboo Fri 17-Oct-08 12:15:41

Selling a dress on ebay last week - brand new size 10 ( still with tags on) With 2 hrs to go - and a few bids, thouight i'd have a look to see if any others the same and if so at what price they might be ( to see any compition i suppose)... well shocked to go through pics and see my dress again.... except it wasn't me, MY PIC and MY WORDS ... but saying used and size 14-16 (so not at all the dress in the pic) I know (in hindsight) should have waited until mine sold..... BUT stupidly i got cross and emailed seller asking why she didn't use her own details (the pic was from (MY bedroom)- abusive email returned from her - then got more bids and sold to chap. Odd thing was all the bids after the email came from people in the same area as the one using my details.

Buying didn't pay until yesterday, has an unverified address and when i contacted him just to confim for posting he asked me to post to an alternative.

HELP.... am i just being too suspicious (my gut feeling is that all these bidders are connected and somehow they will get item and claim its not as good /maybe even send back hers in return!!!.... i'm just not sure what to do.... and i know am probably being stupid... but would appreciate any advice ( other than - should have waited until your item sold (reported to ebay and they took her item off - now back on with dif pic and words)

PortAndDemon Fri 17-Oct-08 12:17:48

How did he pay?

littleboo Fri 17-Oct-08 12:20:41

he paid by paypal. I have sent him a message to say (that to be covered by paypals sellers protection i can only send out to listed address, and asked him to contactme again..... it just seems odd and is fueling my suspicions ( am a bit inspector clueso like anyway, doesn't take much to make me suspicious!)

MerkinFitter Fri 17-Oct-08 12:40:08

you should have just reported her to ebay, you shouldnt have contacted her. Ebay would have pulled her listing.

If ti was a time waster, they probably wouldnt have paid. Paypal have changed now, you are covered even to unverified addresses. Just make sure you post recorded!

littleboo Fri 17-Oct-08 12:44:15

thanks merkin, i know it was just the heat of the moment - and i got annoyed and thought, hang on, i know stupid, i could kick myself, but thats hindsight for you.

I'm happy to send to the unverrifed address recorded - BUT he's asking me to send it to a different one altogether???

georgiemum Fri 17-Oct-08 12:45:39

Could he have bought it as a present for someone else?

Or maybe he is a secret transvestite and doesn't want his wife to intersect the mail...

Take the money and run!

littleboo Fri 17-Oct-08 12:47:44

thanks georgie, hey a secret transvestite is ok with me, but i'm worried i'm now being scammed by a little group of friends - just to get back for me reporting them.

georgiemum Fri 17-Oct-08 12:52:50

Did you get a decent price though? How much did hers go for? Does the buyer have a good buying history or is he new (also what about the other seller?). Check if they have shops too.

Maybe you can out it up for re-sale? I am not sure if this will p-off e-bay but if you are truly suspicious that he will try to pull a fast one, maybe it is better to cut your losses.

It's probably nothing, but don't drive yourself nuts worrying about it. Just notch it up to experience (along with never e-bay while drunk!).

littleboo Fri 17-Oct-08 12:55:25

he has a resonable hisrtory one neg for non paying. the others are newish. Hers is still for sale (i got a good price).
Yes I know i have to put it down to experience, .... maybe it was that glass too many that made me rantgrin

Flightattendant2 Fri 17-Oct-08 12:59:51

Linky please or item number? If you would like some help in the detective stuff smile

(I used to help out on answer boards at ebay)

(which doesn't necessarily indicate any talent)

littleboo Fri 17-Oct-08 13:03:40

flight attendent - which number mine or hers

Flightattendant2 Fri 17-Oct-08 15:31:56

It doesn't matter, both would help!

Sorry, had to go out but am back on the case now.

<rubs hands gleefully>

littleboo Fri 17-Oct-08 20:14:12

flightattendant2 - had a reply from him to say ok to post to the listed address (unverified)... so thats what i've done...recorded/signed for, though the extra 70p was worth while. Her item no is 110299782879.

MerkinFitter Sat 18-Oct-08 14:38:05

have you reported her yet? is she still using your pics? get her pulled by ebay pronto!

MrsMagooo Sat 18-Oct-08 15:39:40

If she's still using your photos report her as Ebay will pull the listing & she'll have to pay to list it again!

littleboo Mon 20-Oct-08 12:51:36

Yes I did report her, and the item was pulled quickly ( I was suprised ). She has since put on again with her own words and very tiny pic poss taken on a phone. I know It may have been stupid, but you get really fed up when you try to do it properly and others just rip you off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now