Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Best Offer - Seller trying it on?

(9 Posts)
Washersaurus Wed 15-Oct-08 15:22:32

I made a 'Best Offer' on ebay for an item which was accepted. I paid instantly with Paypal the total amount agreed.

I later received an email from the seller saying an item on the listing had been lost but I could replace it with the money they deducted from the original 'Buy It Now' price.

I have emailed them back stating that I expect to receive all the items that were on the listing or a partial refund of the price I paid, or I will report to ebay.

The missing item is an instruction manual which I already have downloaded from the internet, so it isn't a disaster that I don't have the original hard copy. But still I am quite annoyed by this (and did really want the hard copy manual)

Are they just trying it on as they accepted a lower amount than they originally wanted? What can I do...can I do anything?

<sorry boring ebay rant>

trixymalixy Wed 15-Oct-08 15:26:25

They are trying it on. They should offer you a discount if they are not going to send you everything on the listing.

They accepted your offer, so the original buy it now price is irrelevant. Saying you can replace it with the money they deducted from the original buy it now price is ludicrous.

Washersaurus Wed 15-Oct-08 15:28:21

They are holding my manual to ransom aren't they? The price difference was 50 quid - that is one expensive manual shock

<sigh> why is nothing ever simple....

trixymalixy Wed 15-Oct-08 15:29:56

£50!!!!!!!

Tell them you want your money back if they aren't going to provide everything that was on the original listing. They are taking the pi**!!

Washersaurus Wed 15-Oct-08 15:32:43

Oh but I really want the item, they don't come up for sale very often and I just missed out on one last week <sigh>

They are a business seller so I will just quote Sale of Goods blardy blah etc until they sort it out.

trixymalixy Wed 15-Oct-08 18:22:35

Ask them to reduce the price then.

Washersaurus Thu 16-Oct-08 09:58:42

The seller hasn't yet replied to my message. I wonder what will happen....will I ever get my item, I wonder......well, they haven't refunded my payment or anything, so I hope so...

MrsMagooo Thu 16-Oct-08 12:10:49

Cheeky beggers - they can't say that!! shock

If they weren't happy with the offer you made they shouldn't have accepted it!!

Washersaurus Thu 16-Oct-08 20:53:17

I have sent the seller another message and still have heard nothing from them - maybe my item will appear magically tomorrow <doubtful>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now