Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I can't stop writing absolute nonsense on my ebay descriptions! Will it put buyers off?

(3 Posts)
beansmum Mon 13-Oct-08 19:52:14

I don't know what my problem is, I run out of inspiration and start writing rubbish. I have just listed a toy stove and ended up writing something about how my mum's attempt to discourage gender stereotyping didn't work. What an idiot. Will it put buyers off?

Would it be wrong to just copy and paste someone elses description, changing any details that aren't right?

mumofdjandbabies Mon 13-Oct-08 20:02:50

tee hee link please grin
youre own add sounds funny/inspirational!!

blueshoes Mon 13-Oct-08 20:20:26

Speaking as a buyer, one line (not reams of drivel) of a funny explanation why the item is looking for a new home is a definite plus. I like to buy from sellers that I feel are personable and you do create interest and make your product stick in people's minds. It might very well make me put a bid in over another toy stove.

Otherwise, just copy-and-paste and adapt the nuts and bolts description. When I was selling my breast pump, I noticed everyone else was doing it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now