Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Help! I've bid for a twin buggy and now changed my mind! Nothing I can do is there?

(6 Posts)
NOgirlsallowed Sat 11-Oct-08 20:28:52

I know it was silly I'm a total ebay virgin and have changed my mind as its no posting and we'd have to collect - admittedly not too far away. I was the first bidder and dh said don't worry theres no way you'll get it with a low bid like that. But guess what a day later I'm still the only bidder! Now I'm begining to panic. OK lesson now learnt!

luckymummy74 Sat 11-Oct-08 20:37:36

just email the seller and explain the situation, say that you didn't read the whole thing thru and can't come and collect. I won a double buggy recently for £20 so don't be suprised if you are the only bidder.

Someone won an item off me recently and then decided they didn't want it. They thought it was a DVD but it was a video. It didn't bother me and I didn't leave neg feedback.

flame17 Sat 11-Oct-08 20:39:07

You can retreact the bid HERE

sarah573 Sat 11-Oct-08 21:53:41

Retract your bid and say you entered the wrong bid amount. As a seller it seriously pees me off when people do it, but I would far rather that than they went a head and won it and the didn't pay.

NOgirlsallowed Sun 12-Oct-08 20:09:13

Thanks so much for your advice! I emailed the seller and she said that she shouldn't as binding but ok. The relief was tremendous as it saved my husband a 100+ mile round trip!! (I don't drive.)Didn't seem right/honest to say entered wrong amount as I hadn't iyswim. Anyway what happens now? Should that seller retract the bid or something as my bid is still active very little time left btw.

NOgirlsallowed Sun 12-Oct-08 20:12:27

Just found it I've been outbid anyway with 25 minutes to go my lesson has certainly been well and truly learnt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now