Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How long should i wait for a buyer to pay for an item before i offer to the next bidder??

(8 Posts)
J2O Tue 07-Oct-08 17:21:41

Sold on Sat, didn't hear anything, so i invoiced on Mon, still not heard anything.
Should i email them again or wait a while?

swampster Tue 07-Oct-08 18:11:16

You shouldn't offer it to the next bidder, you should open an Unpaid Item dispute.

Ebay says: "Usually the seller must wait 7 days after a listing closes to file an Unpaid Item dispute"...

thisisyesterday Tue 07-Oct-08 18:13:48

it's only been 3 days!!!! not everyone is online every day of the week.

you need to wait at least a week IMO. then e-mail them saying you expect payment by X date or you;'ll open a dispute

J2O Tue 07-Oct-08 19:54:19

ok cool, thanks, i've only sold a couple of items and they've always paid instantly so wasn't sure.

will give it till weekend, thanks for replying

J2O Fri 10-Oct-08 21:19:21

ok so i've emailed them and asked them to let me know if theres a problem. they've been getting feedback nearly every day, so they must have been on ebay and paid or sent items in the last week right? Should i wait till tommorrow and then email them again saying i expect payment within the next few days or just open a dispute?

Lilyloo Sat 11-Oct-08 19:55:13

Would mail them give until Monday then open dispute a week is plenty of time to contact you r/e payment imo.

FAQ Sat 11-Oct-08 19:59:17

getting feedback this week doesn't mean that they've paid or sent items this week - sometimes people wait ages before doing the feedback for other people.

J2O Sat 11-Oct-08 21:12:41

its ok, they've just paid grin

can finally post it on Mon and get the flaming thing out my way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now