Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Not sure what to do....

(5 Posts)
MrsMagooo Sat 04-Oct-08 20:26:02

I did a search on completed listings on Ebay & found an item that hadn't sold that I wanted.

I emailed the seller to see if she still had it & if she did was she willing to sell it.

She replied with 'I still have it and might still be up for sale, depending on price?'

So I replied asking if she would sell it for £15 plus postage (it had been up for £20).

About an hour & a half later she replied with 'I have relisted it so make me an offer'

I immediately put in an offer of £15 - literally seconds after she messaged me.

Well that was at half 10 this morning.

I really want the item but I'm beginning to wonder if she's stringing me along.

I'm worried someone will come along & click on BIN & I'll loose out.

I'm tempted to click on BIN & sod the offer I've put in but I'm wondering if that's what the sellers hoping I'll do.

What would you do? hmm

TisNotChristmasYetSaysSquonk Sat 04-Oct-08 20:29:03

I would NOT BIN.

She is obviously thinking that if you want it, someone else will and is hoping that the price will go up.

You want it, but you don't need it, or you would have bought it before now.

Nobody bought it first time round, tis unlikely that anyone will gazump you this time. Unlikely but not impossible, so you should be aware that it might happen, but not too concerned.

She is trying to get as much as she can for her item, and you obviously want to pay as little as you can.

Hold out.

MrsMagooo Sat 04-Oct-08 20:37:18

Thanks Squonk - that was pretty much my thinking.

It's so hard as I want it so much but am loathe to click BIN as I really do think the seller is not responding to my OBO on purpose.

Trouble is until I know if I have won it or not I can't bid on a different one

MascaraOHara Sat 04-Oct-08 20:39:56

Be careful that she doesn't get someone to bid it up on purpose.

if I were you I'd enter your max bid and try not to log on again until the end..

I'm might be skeptical but I expect she will bid it up until you are out bid (or another random buyer comes into play) and once she's outbid you she will let the auction end and give you a second chance offer because they buyer pulled out or whatever.

MrsMagooo Sat 04-Oct-08 20:44:27

It's not an auction - it's a BIN with OBO & I have submitted an OBO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now