Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item not recieved but I've paid for it....what do I do now?

(12 Posts)
hairycaterpillar Wed 01-Oct-08 19:55:48

Seller says that because he has proof of postage, it is not his responsibility if the parcel has been lost by Royal Mail.

I opened a dispute but he emailled saying that was ridiculous and unnecessary as he had given me proof that the item had been posted.

It's only a small item but am I wrong to assume he can't just ignore the fact I paid for something and it hasn't got to me?

surreylady Wed 01-Oct-08 20:33:42

As someone who has sold - I understand his frustration but you are right - the ebay rules say it is his responsibility to ensure delivery - if he has proof of postage he can claim back from the PO after 15 days but he cant make you do this and if it does not arrive ebay and paypal will find in your favour - so I would politely say that you fully accept that he posted it but unfortunately it has not been received.

Lilyloo Wed 01-Oct-08 20:45:46

Again as a seller this is very frustrating as he has obviously sent it. However he has to open dispute with rm not you. Many sellers say they will forward proof of postage to you should item get lost but as surrey says ebay/paypal would find in your favour.
Maybe email him ask for refund and explain that if it arrives you will contact him but he has to open dispute and hopefully this can be sorted amicably without bad feedback etc!

surreylady Wed 01-Oct-08 21:02:46

He can't bad rate you under the new ebay rules either as you are the buyer

Lilyloo Wed 01-Oct-08 21:31:18

yeah mean for him so hopefully he will be keen to resolve?
I have had item damaged in mail gave refund and got good feedback . I lost out but so did seller and guess buyers have to take this on chin !

hairycaterpillar Wed 01-Oct-08 22:48:44

Thanks for the advice.I'm scared of coming across nasty or too pushy in case of negative feedback. Will email him and ask him to dispute with RM.

CarGirl Wed 01-Oct-08 22:53:38

He can't give you negative feedback!

If it is not on line and trackable paypal will rule in your favour.

hairycaterpillar Wed 01-Oct-08 23:00:20

Oh I didn't realise sellers can't give negative feedback now.

Have just emailled him so will wait and see what his response is.

Thanks.

Lilyloo Thu 02-Oct-08 09:10:27

No he can't neg you so it's in his favour to resolve ammicably , hope he sorts it for you!

hairycaterpillar Thu 02-Oct-08 19:23:57

Hoorah am getting a replacement sent,

Thanks everyone.

surreylady Thu 02-Oct-08 21:36:58

great news - clearly a genuine seller - if it was me I would give him a very nice rating when I received number the replacement.

Lilyloo Thu 02-Oct-08 22:08:49

Glad it sorted deserves good feedback when you recieve item!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now