Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Help please

(11 Posts)
McDreamy Thu 25-Sep-08 21:21:58

I placed a bid on a pushchair yesterday but was outbid within a couple of hours. In the meantime I found another one closer to home, it was a buy it now and so I went for it. So far very happy except I have just received an email from the original seller saying she has cancelled the second bid as the person had no feedback and so I am once again the winning - but I don't want it anymore! Have I screwed up sad

WhatsupDoc Thu 25-Sep-08 21:26:14

I don't think so - if you were outbid on the first it is perfectly acceptable for you to seek out an alternative.

I would email the seller and let her know what happened, and you're not interested in the pushchair any more. You're not in the wrong at all.

misdee Thu 25-Sep-08 21:28:05

tell them to cancel your bids. as you have found an alternative already

McDreamy Thu 25-Sep-08 21:28:05

That's what I have done and I am sure she is perfectly reasonable and there will be no problem but I am a worrier by nature. Nice to hear someone else thinks I was reasonable to go elsewhere, thanks smile

Flibbertyjibbet Thu 25-Sep-08 21:28:22

There is a facility in ebay to cancel bids. They only let you do it in certain circumstances, ie not just because you changed your mind. This would be a good reason to cancel I think. I can't remember where it is in ebay though to cancel.

McDreamy Thu 25-Sep-08 21:29:17

Have looked at that but my reason isn't listed, I think I have to rely on her to cancel it for me.

worriedmummyto1 Thu 25-Sep-08 21:32:09

If she cancelled the bids and you are the winner by default then your fine, if she doesnt cancel just email ebay and explain.

McDreamy Thu 25-Sep-08 21:35:42

I feel really awful as I would have been pleased to be winning if it weren't for this random one that came up closer to home. I would have had to rely on my parents otherwise (not much of a problem but better if I can do it myself).

As I said I am a worrier (and pregnanT) and I am sure she will be perfectly reasonable and cancel it for me but thanks for you wise words.

McDreamy Fri 26-Sep-08 09:56:13

I've been outbid - by someone with good feedback, feel much better. smile

chipmonkey Fri 26-Sep-08 10:08:28

smile

worriedmummyto1 Fri 26-Sep-08 13:04:19

great Mcdreamy, glad you dont have to worry anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now