Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How long do you give non paying buyers ?

(8 Posts)
Lilyloo Thu 25-Sep-08 14:16:43

Item sold week ago.
Have not had any contact from buyer.
Has 17 feedback 100% with one saying didn't pay for a month (ebay great new system hmm)
Have sent a few emails asking how they would like to pay.
At what point do i open dispute ?
Thanks

sandra79 Thu 25-Sep-08 15:47:10

Contact them once more explaining that you will have to report them as non - payer & relist item if they dont pay within 24hrs, & say you dont want to ruin their great feedback, thats what i done with problem payer - works a treat grin

forevercleaning Thu 25-Sep-08 15:48:48

one week, but i always stipulate that payment must be made within 5 days of the end of the auction. Not had a non payer yet, but havent used it for a while, too much aggro and getting too expensive.

furrycat Thu 25-Sep-08 15:50:25

I sold something nearly three weeks ago.

After a week contacted buyer who took a few days to say sorry, I thought I'd posted your cheque, will do it ASAP.

A few days later I emailed them saying do you actually intend to pay for this? Silence so I did a buyer dispute 2 days ago. Have heard nothing. Don't know what ebay actually do about it either (if anything)

It's the first time I've sold on ebay and I'm not going to bother again.

SparklyFairy Thu 25-Sep-08 16:01:31

I am the same, sold something 3 weeks ago.

No contact from buyer even after several emails so have now opened a dispute.

Think ebay just give them 7 days to reply or pay then you can escalate it for them to recieve a unpaid item strike.......although from what i understand this does not affect the buyers rating or feedback whatsoever.

And we cant even leave neg feedback anymore to warn others they dont pay!! Ebay is a joke! angry

forevercleaning Thu 25-Sep-08 16:07:01

i think all that happens is you get a free listing again. and obviously dont pay the final value fee from the unsold product

Lilyloo Thu 25-Sep-08 19:40:22

It's a nightmare and they will still have 100% so there feedback won't be affected hmm
So a week is ok will do dispute then tonight have said i would like to sort it to avoid dispute but still nothing!!!

furrycat Fri 26-Sep-08 10:26:07

It's stupid. How can their feedback not be affected if they don't pay? Ebay have shot themselves in the foot. I can't even be bothered to relist my item - am going to give it to a charity shop instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now