Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

hijacked paypal account what next?

(10 Posts)
1dilemma Wed 24-Sep-08 23:07:55

I've received an e-mail warning me there has been an attempt to make unauthorised use of my credit card on my paypal account complete with a link asking me to reconfirm my identity within 72 hours.
I've not opened this link

How legit do you think this is considering I don't have a credit card linked to the account?

IdrisTheDragon Wed 24-Sep-08 23:09:03

I would imagine it is a fake. You can forward it to spoof at paypal dot com and they will tell you if it is.

SparklyGothKat Wed 24-Sep-08 23:09:44

DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK!!! Log on using paypal wensite open

onelittlelion Wed 24-Sep-08 23:21:28

Hi, I received this today too. I logged in to my paypal account (not thru the link) and there was no alert or message so I forwarded the email to spoof@paypal.com and just had a reply saying it's a phishing email. Fwd it and don't click the links!

gemmiegoatlegs Wed 24-Sep-08 23:22:45

oh we had one of these. you can report it to paypal as a fake

1dilemma Wed 24-Sep-08 23:40:07

Oh thanks guys you've put my mind at rest tonight I can get on with my assignment!!

onelittlelion they are obviously sending them to the best people grin

onelittlelion Thu 25-Sep-08 00:16:30

grin

WendyWeber Thu 25-Sep-08 00:21:23

Any legit email from paypal will be addressed to you by name.

cutekids Thu 25-Sep-08 01:44:42

i get loads of these type of "phishing" emails every day.ignore them...i've noticed they try every bank going until they find the one that you're most likely to take notice of.DON'T!!! If your bank/b.society/any other account want to tell you something,they WILL NOT email you.smile

WendyWeber Thu 25-Sep-08 09:24:46

The phishers are getting sloppy - I've had 2 now with bank A in the email address & bank B in the email itself (so I forwarded them to both banks grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now