Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

AIBU to send this email to this seller?!

(6 Posts)
DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 24-Sep-08 16:39:03

Theres an item on ebay thats £65 to buy new.

Hers is used, and has a start price of 99p with no reserve or no 'buy it now'

Just a 99p start.

I emailed her and asked if she would take £45 for it posted ... or if she would take £40 and ill send a courrier to collect it.

She sent back an email saying something along the lines of ...

'No, it cost £65, its only been used twice, i wont take a penny less than £50 for it. If I don't get £50 I just wont sell it'

hmm

so I sent back ...

Hello,
You have to sell it if someone wins it on ebay for less than £50.

its started at 99p, what if the winnining bid is less than £50?

You cant just say 'youre not having it'

Im not having a go, i just think that someone will be very upset if there winning bid id say £40 and then you dont send it!

you should do a buy it now of £50 if thats the least you are willing to take rather than auctioning it starting at 99p!

Should I have don that?!

It just annoys me to think that someone might win it then she wont send it... if she want £50 she should set up her auction differently!

She has over 130 feed back, so not a newbie!

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 24-Sep-08 16:45:31

I'd just leave it. She probably won't pay any attention anyway. Anything worth a bit of money, with a 99p start, will attract a LOT of attention. If I'd watched similar to see what they go for and they go for more than £50, then I'd have probably started it at 99p too.
Its what experience auctioneers do. Low start = more interest = more bids = higher end price.
I always turn down buy it now prices because stuff always goes for more in the end than the buy it now-er was hoping to get it for.

Sounds like you are just annoyed that she would not let you have it on a buy it now for less than she thinks it will go for.

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 24-Sep-08 16:46:59

Im not annoyed, its 2nd hand,

why ould anyone pay £50 plus £7 postage for an item thats £65 in shops?

Or £60 in online shops with free p&p!

wheresthehamster Wed 24-Sep-08 16:50:35

Often winning bids don't make the reserve price. I'm assuming she has put a reserve price of £50 on it but no one will know that until the auction has ended.

I'm not sure where the winning bidder stands if she decides not to send it and she hasn't put a reserve price on it

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 24-Sep-08 16:54:54

nope, no reserve.

just 99p start!

MerkinFitter Wed 24-Sep-08 17:31:58

She should have put a reserve on it! shes obvioulsy TSFE lol. I can see a neg coming her way very soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now