Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Help-buyer can't pay with Paypal...

(6 Posts)
EdieMcredie Wed 24-Sep-08 12:38:29

...Me again, sorry blush

My bed is sold and I want payment via paypal but buyer says she has moved and not updated her account so can she pay cash? Im not happy with this-does this sound ok?

This is what she said:

hello again!! i have moved address since i was last on ebay, am only living in xxxx but have not updated my pay pal account!! i am more that happy to bring the cash to you sometime tomorrow, if u could still arrange a courier to deliver bed that would be fantastic!! but only after u have recieved the money of course!! please let me know if this is a suitable arrangement for ya!

HELP!

FAQ Wed 24-Sep-08 12:41:39

you can still pay by paypal even if you haven't update your address - I'm sure you can???

However, what she has suggested seems ok to me - no different to cash on collection that a lot of people do for big items that can't be posted.

EdieMcredie Wed 24-Sep-08 12:42:48

Cheers for that. Shall I ask for cash, then arrange delivery?

frogs Wed 24-Sep-08 12:45:02

Cash is cash. Nicer than paypal, and no fees.

Doesn't sound dodgy to me, assuming you've quoted for delivery costs in your listing.

FAQ Wed 24-Sep-08 12:46:23

yes if it was me I'd accept the cash, it sounds genuine, she's emailed you to let you know the situation.

As frogs says - no fees either

EdieMcredie Wed 24-Sep-08 13:04:02

In listing I put collect in person. Then cos it went for more than I expected I thought I would be kind and pay for courier.

Just told her im not going to do this as it is more expensive than I thought initially. She shouldn't mind as she bought it thinking she would have to collect anyway IYSWIM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now