Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Should I leave negative feedback for this?

(21 Posts)
SinCity Wed 24-Sep-08 09:44:23

I bought a top for DS off ebay and paid for it last wednesday (as soon as the auction ended). It has only just arrived today. I've never had to wait so long for something, should I neg them?

NotQuiteCockney Wed 24-Sep-08 09:46:10

No! If the seller said they would post quickly, or you asked them to post quickly (and they said they could), then maybe negging, or at least complaining, makes sense. But I'm pretty sure Ebay T+C means they need to post within 7 days - so this is fine.

Please don't neg sellers casually, it really makes it hard for them to trade.

frogs Wed 24-Sep-08 09:46:58

No, you shouldn't. People have lives, stuff happens. I've sometimes not sent things out as soon as I'd like because I've had to take dc to the Dr's or something, though admittedly I do always email buyers to keep them updated.

It's less than a week, she wouldn't have been able to send it until Thursday anyway. Most mail order companies take at least that long.

undercovercat Wed 24-Sep-08 09:47:52

No, you got your top, its as described, and its arrived.

expatinscotland Wed 24-Sep-08 09:50:24

no.

DH bought something off Ebay recently and it hadn't arrived about three days later and he got this desperately apologetic message from seller explaining why and then she sent it Special Delivery.

he had no intention of neg'ing her.

the product arrived, it was as described, no reason to neg someone for stuff that just happens.

LongDroopyBoobyLady Wed 24-Sep-08 09:50:56

No, our first class post regularly takes 3-4 days to reach us. Maybe you should have alerted the seller to the fact that you wanted the item quickly?

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 24-Sep-08 10:02:05

Did you pay for first or 2nd class postage? I state in my listings that I send by 2nd class which can take a few days, to keep buyers costs down. I say if they want it quicker to let me know and I will invoice for 1st class.
If someone negged me over something like this I would be very angry as its just not a negging thing imo.

You should have emailed the seller on Tuesday to ask if it had been sent. IMO its really bad form to neg someone without giving them a chance for explanation.

The sellers can't leave you bad feedback BUT they can report you to ebay for leaving neg feedback for no good reason. I think you only need a two or three instances and you are thrown off ebay for good. So think carefully before negging someone.

EdieMcredie Wed 24-Sep-08 10:47:57

No way!!!

Piffle Wed 24-Sep-08 13:14:55

no way
Ive been delayed posting something this week
apologised and sent it parcel force 24 instead at my own cost as I felt bad...

VinegarTits Wed 24-Sep-08 13:20:37

Blimey you only waited 5 working days for it, what your prob? normal post 3-5 working days.

hatrick Wed 24-Sep-08 13:31:15

Message withdrawn

electra Wed 24-Sep-08 13:32:11

No, that would be really harsh.

misdee Wed 24-Sep-08 13:33:45

no bloody way

am fed up of buying leaving ngs for silly things. item arrived well within time limits, and was fine.

SGK now puts on her auctiosn that she aims to post quickly but as a busy mum of 4 there could be slight delays. but really you shouldnt have to put this.

if you want something super-fast then go to the shops and buy one off the shelf.

MerkinFitter Wed 24-Sep-08 17:34:10

Ebay rules state that sellers have 7 days to POST the item, so they are well within that time scale, and in no way deserve a neg!

bubblagirl Wed 24-Sep-08 17:49:36

no this is where it gets silly neg someone for recieved item that has arrived within the week

if you got it and your happy with it a positive is surely deserved

you get 7 days to post an item and delays in postage at royal mail etc should not be held against seller i have had items posted on time but royal mail ahs delayed i think timing sounds reasonable in all honesty

tiggerlovestobounce Wed 24-Sep-08 17:58:44

No way. You got what you bought, as described, in a reasonable timescale.

theultimatethreadkiller Wed 24-Sep-08 18:11:06

No you shouldn't complain. Seven days is perfectly reasonable.

theirmum Thu 25-Sep-08 14:03:52

I take it your new to ebay! remember its likely a mum like you trying to get a bit of money from her kids clothes you didnt buy it from M&S! this is well within the 7 days!

chipmonkey Thu 25-Sep-08 15:38:48

Absolutely not!

SparklyFairy Thu 25-Sep-08 16:03:22

No!

MrsMagooo Thu 25-Sep-08 18:11:57

Most definately not.

They have posted it within the timescale that Ebay gives.

It would be incredibly unfair to neg for that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now