Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I have over 100 items to put on Ebay. It is going to take me forever! But i need to make some money.

(19 Posts)
tortoise Tue 23-Sep-08 20:33:49

I have spent ages clearing out the cupboard, taking photos and putting all the pics and detail onto photo bucket so that i could put it all back in the cupboard.

Now if only i could find the energy to list it all!

I really want to make some money to take the kids on a short break in the October half term.

I need a BIG kick up the bum to get on with it lol!

MerkinFitter Tue 23-Sep-08 21:08:11

what sort of stuff are you selling?

tortoise Tue 23-Sep-08 21:09:55

Boys,girls, womens clothes, books, games ,toys etc lol.

Marne Tue 23-Sep-08 21:11:17

could you sell it in bundles?

Grublin Tue 23-Sep-08 21:11:44

tortie hi!

Saturn74 Tue 23-Sep-08 21:12:23

you could do one big auction, list it in the 'job lot' section, and title it for the attention of car booters and dealers - collection only.

saves a fortune on listing fees.

tortoise Tue 23-Sep-08 21:17:24

Marne - I expect i could with some of it but then i would need to photgraph it all again.

HC - Worried i wouldn't get much if i did it that way. I need about £500 i think!!

tortoise Tue 23-Sep-08 21:20:01

Not that i expect to get that much out of selling this lot but every pound will help. smile

expatinscotland Tue 23-Sep-08 21:24:25

DH uses Ebay, and if you list tonight you list multiple items w/i the same listing and pay only one insertion fee for each category you list in.

Just log into your Ebay account and you should have the message in there from Ebay.

tortoise Tue 23-Sep-08 21:37:34

Thanks,Will have a look.

Califrau Tue 23-Sep-08 21:42:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lilyloo Tue 23-Sep-08 21:43:45

Tortoise set yourself a few a day so they don't all end at same time and save trips to po!
Was it you i bought some clothes for dd from recently ?
If so it all looks great stuff can't imagine you will have any probs shifting it on ebay!

sweetcat Tue 23-Sep-08 21:51:30

Would it not be easier to do a car boot instead?

tortoise Tue 23-Sep-08 21:58:33

Thanks Califrau! grin

Thanks lilylou. Plan to do it over a few nights/mornings. Definatly don't want it all to end at the same time.

Sweetcat Yes it would be but i have no car so that is a bit difficult lol. smile

I have started adding items to turbo lister! Will upload some tonight.

sweetcat Tue 23-Sep-08 22:01:07

Ah, I see. Well, good luck with it, hope you are very organised and you sell everything!

tortoise Tue 23-Sep-08 22:27:38

Thanks sweetcat. smile

11 items added to turbo lister but when i click upload it says can't connect to internet, check your connection. angry Will keep trying!

tortoise Tue 23-Sep-08 22:34:29

11 items uploaded smile
Will do more tomorrow!

Flibbertyjibbet Tue 23-Sep-08 22:50:05

Hi I had a massive clear out last month as we are about to move to a smaller house.
I had to do it in batches. I had monday evenings as my ebay evenings. I uploaded all the pics but only put them on 10 per monday. So there wasn't too much to cope with for posting etc and I never got traumatised by it all!
I use an old bank account for paypal and add any cheque or postal order payments into that bank account too so its all separate, and my ebaying usually pays for us to have a week in a cottage somewhere in May.

I found baby stuff sells best in the afternoons - ladies at home on maternity leave.
Mobiles etc go best at lunchtimes - people in offices surfing.
Everything else late evening!

Finally, I never get worked up about individual prices, I just like to watch the total in the ebay bank account go up!

tortoise Tue 23-Sep-08 22:55:48

Thanks. Thats good advice. I will probably add more than 10 a week i think. Only have a few weeks until the October half term! Will have to worry about the cost posting it all as and when bits sell. That is my least favourite bit, all the posting!
I love seeing the paypal account go up though! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now