Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

In a Paypal dispute - return first or refund first? Help, Don't know what to do

(4 Posts)
Philpot Tue 23-Sep-08 11:00:52

I bought some boots that were smaller than described and worn when told brand new never worn. Seller de-registered as soon as the sale was complete and wouldn't respond to emails so I opened a paypal dispute for a refund. She has responded to that but says won't refund until she gets the boots. I am worried that if I do she won't refund me - has anyone gone through all this and knows what to do? I can't find anything clear on the paypal website.

MrsMagooo Tue 23-Sep-08 11:40:40

Hhhmmm she is within her right to ask for the item back before issuing you a refund, however she sounds a little dodgy as she as de-registered.

If you do send them back then you need to send them via recorded delivery so that you have online tracking information should you need it.

sixlostmonkeys Tue 23-Sep-08 12:40:35

paypal will require you to return them using a tracked method before a refund can be issued

Philpot Tue 23-Sep-08 13:28:29

Thank you both so much, very helpful advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now