Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Advice Please

(4 Posts)
tigger32 Tue 16-Sep-08 16:42:41

Ok, back in August I bought 2 games for ds1 vsmile from 2 different sellers.
1 game came really quickly
the other still hasn't arrived, so last week after contacting the seller several times I opened an item not recieved dispute.
The seller said she posted the item and has emailed me a copy of a receipt, which has not got my address on, just a list of prices she paid.
What do I do now?
The receipt could be for anything but she could also be genuine and the item could be lost.
Do I just write it off or is there anything else I can do?

curlywurlycremeegg Tue 16-Sep-08 16:45:38

As 14 days have passed you can ask her to start an item lost in post claim with Royal Mail. Standard mail (1st/2nd class) is insured for up to £32. She will need to instigate the paperwork (can be found on Royal mail's website) as she has the proof of posting, which will need to be sent with it.

sixlostmonkeys Tue 16-Sep-08 20:21:34

The seller has to refund the buyer in full and then the seller (not the buyer) claims from the Royal Mail. the sender of an item has the contract with RM therefore they are the ones to put in a claim

Explain this to to her and give her chance to give you a refund. If she doesn't respond after a day or so raise the dispute and get your refund from paypal.

tigger32 Wed 17-Sep-08 13:38:07

thanks for your help, will email her and see what she says

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now