Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

bubble wrap

(8 Posts)
geordieminx Mon 15-Sep-08 17:02:34

Does anyone know where I can get big rolls of bubble wrap? I'm sending a dvd and speaker system so will need quite a lot?

fryalot Mon 15-Sep-08 17:03:24

they sell it at staples but I've been looking for somewhere cheaper

<<<watches thread with interest>>>

FourArms Mon 15-Sep-08 17:05:19

You can get it for free at the supermarket Just check out the mushrooms, grapes, cherries, expensive apples... I generally pick up 10 sheets per visit and stockpile for when I need it.

fryalot Mon 15-Sep-08 18:12:04

FourArms: that is a fantastic plan. Do you generally buy the things it is wrapping, or do you just nick it?

FourArms Mon 15-Sep-08 18:27:57

I never buy the things unless I intended to anyway. It's not the wrapping, just the packaging for the trays. I only remove the excess layers, to reveal the next layer of fruit/veg. I'm actually helping the supermarket by recycling their waste. If I'm really lucky, they will have just finished doing a round of removing it all, and I can just take it off of their hands. I always go in with a recycling bag to fill up. Mushroom bubble wrap is the best (great quality), grapes is the worst (the grape juice sometimes makes the wrap a bit smelly after a few days).

fryalot Mon 15-Sep-08 18:42:45

so they actively encourage you to take it?

Fan-bloody-tastic!

<<<pops to tesco>>>
grin

geordieminx Mon 15-Sep-08 18:48:21

Well I have just been to local dunalm mill and liberted 2 trollies full of brown paper, plastic bags and wrap.

I couldnt actually see out of the car windows on the way home blush

fryalot Mon 15-Sep-08 19:17:03

excellent! well done grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now