Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Posted an item this morning and now recieved this message.

(22 Posts)
KnickersOnMaHead Mon 15-Sep-08 13:03:10

Message withdrawn

MarlaSinger Mon 15-Sep-08 13:05:46

Wow, what an idiot (her I mean, in case that wasn't obvious...)

Ask her if she does not live there, why is it her Paypal address?

Maybe the item will be returned to you?

savoycabbage Mon 15-Sep-08 13:07:32

A similar thing happened to me. The post office once returned something I posted with just normal first class post. Then I made them pay to re-post it. It's a bit dodgy though but I didn't know what else to do.

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 15-Sep-08 13:09:32

Message withdrawn

sixlostmonkeys Mon 15-Sep-08 14:03:16

if someone at that address does sign for it then she can't claim for non receipt.
You may or may not get the item back - she won't get the item but that's her fault...

Rhubarb Mon 15-Sep-08 14:08:40

Actually this is easily done. We moved 3 weeks ago and I changed my address on both Ebay and Paypal, but for some reason it keep reverting back to the old address.

I found this out when I bought some trousers, I clicked through all the payment details etc and only really noticed the address was wrong when I was paying for something else.

I contacted the seller straightaway and luckily she hadn't posted it yet.

So the buyer isn't stupid at all. She may well have changed her address like I did, but Paypal have not registered it, could be a fault. I would suggest she contacts the Post Office and ask them to redeliver, or contact the people at that address and ask them to send it on.

Not your fault, but not really hers either.

McDreamy Mon 15-Sep-08 14:12:06

That happened to be me too. I have 2 addresses that I live at at different times. Sometimes I change my paypal and eby address but it doesn't always change the paypal one.

I've also done the same but contacted the seller staright away and had no problem.

stealthsquiggle Mon 15-Sep-08 14:12:40

Agree with Rhubarb - it took me several tries to change paypal address and I too managed to order something and had to contact the seller quickly to check he had the right address because my order confirmation showed the old one.

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 15-Sep-08 14:40:11

Message withdrawn

stealthsquiggle Mon 15-Sep-08 14:44:47

Not sure there is anything either of you can do except hope that whoever now lives at the address you sent it to is friendly enough to forward/redirect it...

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 15-Sep-08 15:42:32

Message withdrawn

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 15-Sep-08 16:45:47

Message withdrawn

MrsMagooo Mon 15-Sep-08 17:11:44

What an odd reply!!!!

EachPeachPearMum Mon 15-Sep-08 17:17:04

Sounds like its just a temp change of address for her, so no harm done!

wotulookinat Mon 15-Sep-08 17:23:31

Maybe she wanted it sent to a work address, or the address of someone she knew would be in so she didn't have to go and collect it from the post office if it arrived while she was at work or whatever.

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 15-Sep-08 20:08:05

Message withdrawn

wotulookinat Mon 15-Sep-08 20:10:36

It's odd.

McDreamy Tue 16-Sep-08 06:22:08

I am registered with paypal at an address I don't live at because I can't register the address I do live at. However the address I use is a UK address, it's my house I just don't live in it. Maybe she's in the military and has a BFPO address or something similar.

KnickersOnMaHead Tue 16-Sep-08 08:49:08

Message withdrawn

KnickersOnMaHead Thu 18-Sep-08 17:29:58

Message withdrawn

SeaShells Thu 18-Sep-08 17:35:32

I've had this same thing twice in the past week, wonder if it's some new sort of scam going on. One had already been sent to the 'wrong' address when the buyer emailed me their 'proper' address. The other one I just sent to the one they requested.

aintnosaint Mon 22-Sep-08 00:48:44

If she doesn't receive the item make a claim with RM 15 days after you sent it. If she has the cheek to leave you neg feedback, report her to ebay for false address/contact details and you should get the neg removed and buyer will probably get banned.

Good luck, hope it all works out ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now