Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Am I the only person left who LOVES ebay?

(10 Posts)
MutantSpaceGoat Sun 14-Sep-08 21:40:58

I have made a few bob selling bit and i have saved myself £100s on my new kitchen.

Oh and i love ikea too! do i need to be certified?

undercovercat Sun 14-Sep-08 21:41:54

I love ebay. Or I used to. They are killing it with the prices hikes and changes.

MrsMagooo Sun 14-Sep-08 22:10:25

I have to say I still love it as both a seller & a buyer!

I'm still making myself some pocket money wink

TrinityRhino Sun 14-Sep-08 22:11:50

I LOVE IT

Pawslikepaddington Sun 14-Sep-08 22:11:50

I love it, but don't use it as often any more

MutantSpaceGoat Mon 15-Sep-08 07:54:26

we are a dying breed. never mind all the more bargains for me me me!

lilysmummy2007 Mon 15-Sep-08 09:33:01

love getting the bargains but the seller end is not doing so well! inability to leave negative feedback for dodgy buyer has really put me of, still buy lots though!!

squilly Mon 15-Sep-08 14:32:16

I love ebay. It keeps me at home with my girl, how could I not love it???

I just get a bit disheartened every now and again because of the daft policy changes, fee increases etc....and the fact that I have to fill in a tax return every January which leaves me tearing my hair out as a general rule.

Every year I say I'll get more organised. Every year I seem to get less so. Hey ho...

I'm glad some people still love it or I wouldn't have a business at all.

sitdownpleasegeorge Mon 15-Sep-08 15:02:35

I love it, love it, love it !

I buy practically all of my children's clothes via ebay, some new, some used. I buy some of my clothes that way too (dh however wouldn't buy used clothes if his life depended on it).

I also buy toys and books and other stuff.

I put extra money in my kids savings accounts instead of buying brand new clothes.

I am an easygoing purchaser and only complain if someone has clearly been untruthful with their description.

When my brother smugly informed me that our wedding china was now a discontinued line I retorted that I could get replacements on ebay, no problem.

My only problem is that I need to offload stuff now and haven't the time/confidence to get through the hassle of selling plus I am wondering whether that makes me a bit money grabbing and whether I shouldn't just take it all to a charity shop instead.

pollykettlechips Mon 15-Sep-08 15:09:38

I love it too. Forgot about it for years and now totally hooked - both as a buyed and as a seller. Made some money last week selling stuff, and i think i've nearly used all that money to buy myself a few clothes - something i would never have sone years ago. Got a fab 70's dress for a party next week for a few quid. Total bargin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now