Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Have just asked for partial refund, do you think I'm being unreasonable here?

(5 Posts)
SecretSquirrelandMoroccoMole Sat 13-Sep-08 11:40:26

I recently bought a gorgeous woollen cardie for my DS on ebay, paid 13 pounds for it then when it arrived it had a few holes in it. So I wrote to the seller saying I'd have to give her negative feedback as she hadn't mentioned the holes in her listing.

She then sent back a really nice email saying she hadn't noticed the holes and that she'd be happy to refund me in full if I returned the cardie. Thing is, I really love the cardie and can stitch up the holes, so I'd rather keep it. However I wouldn't have paid as much as I did had I known about the holes before.

When I've sold on ebay I've always given full descriptions, and I've never received any clothing with holes in before. I've just asked the seller if she could refund me a few pounds on that basis, do you think I'm being unreasonable?

SecretSquirrelandMoroccoMole Sat 13-Sep-08 11:41:03

BTW I've offered to send her photos so she can see for herself.

staryeyed Sat 13-Sep-08 12:29:05

You dont have to leave negative feedback btw- you are supposed to give seller a chance to resolve the situation first. If unresolved then leave negative.

I think the partial refund request is reasonable if she agrees.

SecretSquirrelandMoroccoMole Sat 13-Sep-08 15:06:22

That's a good point, starryeyed - I'd wrongly assumed that she'd deliberately not mentioned the holes to get more bids. Think I've been influenced by all the 'bad ebayer' stories I've heard.

Just to clarify, it sounds as if you're saying that if she doesn't agree to a partial refund then you think that would make it an unreasonable request. Is that what you meant to say?

staryeyed Sat 13-Sep-08 20:35:20

no not at all. I just mean fine if you both agree but she is well within her rights to ask you to send it back and give yo a full refund if she doesn't want to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now