Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

incorrect postage costs

(8 Posts)
choufleur Fri 12-Sep-08 19:40:46

I've sold a few items recently on ebay. all items said postage to UK only. Someone who has won one item live in Dublin. They paid promptly for the item and the UK postage but haven't paid the additional i've asked for to post to Europe.

Any ideas on what i can do to get them to pay (i've emailed them). It's only a couple of quid but the item only sold for £8 so don't really want to pay the extra postage myself.

thanks

thisisyesterday Fri 12-Sep-08 19:49:12

when did you e-mail them?

choufleur Fri 12-Sep-08 19:55:46

couple of days ago.

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 12-Sep-08 19:56:20

Did you email them before or after posting?
If after, and you don't hear back from them to pay you some more postage then you may have to put it down to experience.

If you haven't posted it yet then wait to see if you hear back from them. At worst you may end up mutually withdrawing from the transaction if the buyer didn't realise there would be more postage, or if they don't cough up the extra you could put in a non-paying bidder strike.

choufleur Fri 12-Sep-08 19:59:02

I haven't posted it yet. they paid very quickly and when i went to print the postage label i realised they were in Ireland and emailed them.

missjennipenni Sat 13-Sep-08 09:49:37

Did they change the invoice then? Or did you not send them an invoice with the correct postage on?

missjennipenni Sat 13-Sep-08 09:50:11

Refund them, and then send a new invoice with the adjusted postage costs on

choufleur Sat 13-Sep-08 19:56:09

they paid before i had a chance to send an invoice. they've now paid the extra postage so all sorted.

thanks everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now