Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

A question for E-bay sellers...

(11 Posts)
georgiemum Fri 12-Sep-08 12:32:22

I have had a book that I sold on E-bay go missing in the mail. I posted it (and some others) on the 3rd and still no show. The other packages arrived, and they weren't registered. What should I do - offer a full refund?

forevercleaning Fri 12-Sep-08 12:37:11

did you get a certificate of posting as i think that guarantees up to around 30 quid. Not 100% sure on that.

Yes, think you will have to give a full refund, in the hope that if it turns up later, they will be kind enough to let you know and refund you again.

georgiemum Fri 12-Sep-08 12:42:06

Thanks Forever. No certificate, only my receipt which doesn't really give much detail.

forevercleaning Fri 12-Sep-08 12:49:20

well, as the buyer if they would wait a few more days (say the PO is investigating) and fingers crossed it may turn up. It does happen sometimes that things get lost and eventually find their way.

georgiemum Fri 12-Sep-08 12:50:33

I posted 2 packages from work about 7 years ago and they never turned up...

forevercleaning Fri 12-Sep-08 12:52:56

oh that is an arse

Marne Fri 12-Sep-08 12:53:47

You can make a claim to royalmail with your recipt, just ask for a form at your post office. If the item does'nt show up in a few days i would refund, its a pain but if you don't refund you risk getting bad feedback and they can get there money back through paypal.

georgiemum Fri 12-Sep-08 12:59:16

Luckily the buyer is being very nice about it and I am being increadibly apologetic.

sixlostmonkeys Fri 12-Sep-08 13:04:10

ask the buyer to check with neighbours and with their local sorting office. the book was prob too big for the letter box and so is now waiting in the sorting office for the buyer to go collect. postie doesnt always leave a card.

wotulookinat Fri 12-Sep-08 13:08:48

Marne is right, you only need the receipt to make a claim with Royal Mail. Ask at the post office for a form. You need to wait 21 days (I think) before you can put in the claim.
In the interest of good customer service, you could offer the buyer a full refund and then wait to get the money back yourself from RM.

georgiemum Fri 12-Sep-08 13:14:11

Thanks guys. I don't think I'll be worrying Amazon just yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now