Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

If you tell someone in a listing "don't bid if you don't agree to these terms" and then they do and then they complain and then they leave negative feedback is it possible to get it removed by ebay if you can prove all correspondence??

(9 Posts)
Lauriefairycake Thu 11-Sep-08 14:22:26

A woman wanted to bid on my item which was paypal only. She emailed me and asked if I would accept a postdated cheque. I (thinking kindly of her) said yes but I would wait til it was possible to pay it in (which I did on the first date that it could be) and that she had to note that she had to wait ten days for it to clear as cheques can be reversed before then.

And then I told her not to bid unless she accepted that.

I think it was completely fair. The tenth day is tomorrow, she has emailed very stroppily and rudely saying she wants it now as 'it is preventing her bidding on other things'.

I have emailed back pointing out what I had previously said to her and saying that I would post it tomorrow first class recorded.

She has no feedback and may not be aware how it works but I think I have bent over backwards to accomodate her (accepting a cheque when paypal only, accepting a postdated cheque).

If she leaves me negative feedback will ebay reverse it seeing as I have all correspondence to confirm the above?

Fimbo Thu 11-Sep-08 14:24:36

I don't know the answer Laurie, but Ebay is getting worse and worse.

I have all but stopped using it now.

expatinscotland Thu 11-Sep-08 14:26:29

What Fimbo said.

Lauriefairycake Thu 11-Sep-08 14:27:54

it is, it's shite now. I don't really see how I could have done anything differently hmm

perhaps bent over in front of her?

or driven it to her farkin' home?

expatinscotland Thu 11-Sep-08 14:28:51

if you do decide to continue selling on there, then NEVER again diverge from the terms you set.

if it's PayPal only, then leave it at that.

ChopsTheDuck Thu 11-Sep-08 14:36:37

no they won't.

Shoudl have told her to bugger off in the first place. sad

missjennipenni Thu 11-Sep-08 16:10:58

Unless she swears or is racist, they wont remove it

Sycamoretree Thu 11-Sep-08 16:22:49

if she negs you, you should just neg her back and then post your response to her neg feedback that will make her look a jerk.

My DH got neg feedback and the comment was really positive - they'd clearly just clicked the wrong box - he couldn't even get that reversed - ruined his 800 100% positive record!

southeastastra Thu 11-Sep-08 16:26:22

i think sellers have to accept that we're gonna get lots of negs now ebay have bollocked it up.

you can't remove it or neg her back but you can state the reasons why she negged you in the feedback (does that make sense!)

anyway she might not neg you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now