Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How long to wait for postal order?

(8 Posts)
MrsSnape Mon 08-Sep-08 13:47:53

I sold some clothes on the 30th August. Buyer waited 2 days before contacting me to say she would send a postal order, now its the 8th and I've still not received it.

I have sent an email asking if she's actually sent it yet (maybe shouldn't have done but am getting sick of ebay at the moment)...should I have received it by now?

MrsSnape Tue 09-Sep-08 11:37:30

Still no reply to me asking if she's sent the payement angry

MsPontipine Tue 09-Sep-08 12:12:30

Amazing as it sounds I believe some people are not religiously glued to their PCs 24 hours a day! (shock)I wouldn't fret too much if she hasn't replied immediately - could be all manner of reasons why she hasn't managed to sort your payment (despite paying other sellers I know) Some buyers just never respond to emails (NO idea why!!) In my experience 98/100 that payment'll turn up and all'll be happy.

missjennipenni Tue 09-Sep-08 15:03:55

ebay give 7 days to recieve payment, she isnt following the rules. Id start an NPB dispute

DartmoorMama Tue 09-Sep-08 15:08:32

Seems quite slow, Possibly wait till the end of week and open dispute if you haven't heard or received it.

KnickersOnMaHead Tue 09-Sep-08 18:52:43

Message withdrawn

MrsMagooo Wed 10-Sep-08 16:42:20

Think it's 7 working days isn't it??

That would frustrate me too MrsSnape as a buyer I always pay immediately if on BIN & 9/10 immediately after I win an auction (as I usually bid in the last few seconds)....however not everyone is the same.

I once sold an item on BIN, the buyer made NO contact what so ever (depsite me politely emailing) & she eventually paid 7 days later hmm

Some people will bid/buy as they really, really want the item but hold off paying til pay day.

forevercleaning Wed 10-Sep-08 16:46:23

the only time it takes for the postal order is the time it takes her to go to the post office and get one. So in effect you could have it the following day.

I always ask that payment be received by myself within 5 days of the end of auction, and have not had to wait longer.

Give her another day or so to respond then file non paying dispute thingy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now