Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

More dodgy emails......

(4 Posts)
juicychops Mon 08-Sep-08 12:32:31

following my thread from the other day where i was almost conned out of £2600 plus a cot bed and a bridesmaid dress by someone replying to my classified ad on 'Friday-ad', i have now recieved another email from another conman. here is what their email said....

In response to your advert: YI832JC72 - TWO X BRIDESMAID/PROM DRESSES size

Hello, I saw your ads of your .TWO X BRIDESMAID/PROM DRESSES size - £50 , which you have for sale and I decided to mail you and find out if it is still for sale. I Would like to know the present condition and your last offer price with a photo. Thanks as I await to hear from you soon Sincerely, My Regards, REV COKER.

Regards,

REV COKER
revcoker@yahoo.com

i then replied with an email basically telling them to f**k off, im onto their scam and im going to report them to the police.

i then got this email...

ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION
18A IKEJA LANE, IKOYI
LAGOS NIGERIA.
Motto: No Body is Above the Law

FROM THE DESK OF: Farida Mzamber Waziri (Mrs.),
ATTN: MRS SHEILA DEE,

IS ABOUT YOUR LOST FUNDS

There are some people we arrested yesterday in respect of some transaction you have with them, after a search we recovered some documents and some of the documents their was your informations in some of the documents that is why this office decided to contact you through mail for you to confirm if you are one of their victims. Please this office want to know if you are the person they defruaded so our Government will not pay the wrong person.You better let this office know so that your money can be refunded to you immediately, because we are still investigateing the matter. This office was set up may last three years to deal with fruardstars by the Federal Goverment of Nigeria PRESIDENT IMARU MUSA YARADURA ADMINISTRATION. If you know that you send money to any Body in HOLAND,LONDON,NIGERIA, EVEN IN AMERICA which is your country you better open up to this office on time so we can help you. I also want you to understand the all of them are in Nigeria here and their agent is all over the world to Dupe innocent citizen.

Please let me know so that you can send all information about them to this office ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION immediatly so that we can recovered your money for you immediatly. Please i want you to keep everything about this office serect from them all of them who are still contacting because they all have agent all over.

Please for your information never you do any business with them or send money to on

CHAIRMAN: ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION(E.F.C.C).
ASSISTANT CHAIR PERSON (IBRAHIM YAYA).

I am waiting to responsed to this mail as soon as you recieve it.

Best Regards,
Mr. Farida Mzamber Waziri (Mrs.) .
ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION

what shall i do????
they are obviously trying to cover their tracks by setting up a (fake) crime commission office, (what kind of real crime commission office would use yahoo in their email address!!??)

shall i report all this to the police?

3andnomore Mon 08-Sep-08 13:10:05

I would report, yes....

Carmenere Mon 08-Sep-08 13:19:43

Police, yes. Poor you.

lilysmummy2007 Mon 08-Sep-08 23:06:07

found this on farida definitely report it to the police here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now