Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item paid for and sent but...

(8 Posts)
SoupDragon Mon 08-Sep-08 11:02:28

the seller is now not registered on Ebay. They emailed me to say there'd beena cock up with their account and that the item had been sent. As it's coming from Hong Kong, it takes 7-14 days according to their listing. I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Now, it's been 7 days and it's not here - would you wait the extra 7 days and then start a PayPal dispute or start it now? It's only £20.

fryalot Mon 08-Sep-08 11:04:09

I think I'd wait.

Not sure that you can start a paypal dispute when the item hasn't had its full time to arrive.

Would they have emailed you to explain the situation if they were scamming, do you think?

SoupDragon Mon 08-Sep-08 11:06:16

No, I don't. Their feedback was 80 and 100% with a variety of items so I think they're legit (could be a hacked account I guess?)

Can I start the dispute and then cancel it if the item arrives? I usually find that kind of thing a sure fire way of making something turn up the very next day!

fryalot Mon 08-Sep-08 11:12:58

I don't know about that.

My account was hacked once and the hacker was "selling" things that were hundreds of pounds. It was all sorted, but I don't really think that anyone is going to go to the trouble of hacking someone's account for twenty quid.

It sounds quite legit to me, and I really would wait and see if it arrives.

But I'm not by any means an ebay expert, if someone else comes along with better advice, go with them smile

SoupDragon Mon 08-Sep-08 11:28:15

Other feedback says items were received very quickly. Having looked again, they only sell DS games so I was imagining things when I said it was a variety of items 2 -ves from the same buyer saying the games are copies but all otherwise fine.

I'm just impatient. I want the game now. I've been playing DS2's copy but there's no space for my saved game

fryalot Mon 08-Sep-08 11:34:28

I know exactly how that feels! (well, not the game playing bit, but the impatient bit!) I get very uppity if things that I have ordered off t'internet don't arrive within a couple of days grin

bubblerock Mon 08-Sep-08 11:50:44

What game is it Soupy?

SoupDragon Mon 08-Sep-08 11:55:44

Lego Indiana Jones blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now