Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

this is so rude..........

(13 Posts)
pigsear Sun 07-Sep-08 14:51:21

I sold a top last week. A next top size 16. But i also buy and sell wholesale. Any way the lady that brought it said it doesnt fit her and wants a refund.

She said she is a 14/16. There is nothing wrong with top and i never mis sold it or mis describe it which is what i told her.

Recieved email today asking if im always that rude.I didnt think i was rude by stating it was a 16 and it was mine. Doesnt believe the top was mine as i sold exactly the same one in a 12. And what with all the different sizes i sell what do i do binge eat then crash diet??? shock

Even dh said she was out of order.

georgiemum Sun 07-Sep-08 14:56:21

She's a loon. Ignore her.

nicolamumof3 Sun 07-Sep-08 20:20:24

totally, how rude, its none of her business what other items you sell!! what was your returns policy on the listing? so many weirdo's out there.

pigsear Mon 08-Sep-08 10:31:36

i didnt have any return policys. But if i sent something wrongly as in i sent a 14 instead of a 12 id happily refund all costs. But i make sure all items are sent correctly and clean.

This was basicallly because the top didnt fit her.

I wont refund because someone brought the wrong size or simply changed their minds about it.

Ebay is getting worse. If your a 16 buy a 16 not a 14 then scream at the seller because it doesnt fit you!!

nicolamumof3 Mon 08-Sep-08 10:49:41

I know its ridiculous i too wouldn't refund. she should have bought from a shop imo if she wanted this service lol!! grin

SoupDragon Mon 08-Sep-08 10:58:19

She did buy a 16...

pigsear Mon 08-Sep-08 11:02:19

soupdragon: she did buy a 16 and a 16 is what she got!

The above was used as an example of what i would refund if i had got it wrong.

she said she could still fit into 14's but the 16 top was too small.

Not heard from her..................yet!

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 08-Sep-08 11:09:52

next is a strange shop for sizing imo! she may fit into some size 14 things from there but need 16's in other things. i have size 16 denim shorts from there that are too big, yet my size 16 jeans are too tight hmm both bought at the same time.

but that is not your fault. i know i need different sizes in some things from next and generally order the same thing in two sizes if i am unsure.

wotulookinat Mon 08-Sep-08 11:13:51

Unless you have a returns policy specifiedsuch occassions, then she is being a very annoying buyer! I've bought clothes on Ebay that haven't fitted - I pop them back on to sell and no harm really done. There isn't really much she can do, as you have sent her what she wanted. If she leaves negative feedback then she'll look a bit silly if you respond to it with an explanation.

chapstickchick Mon 08-Sep-08 11:14:00

i think possibly because you listed the same top in a 12s shes thinking you are a 12s but it was a small 12 therefore you bought a 16 and because its tight on her shes assuming that too is wrongly sized ....not your fault at all,but if you advertised it as yours did you advertise the 12s as yours too??

pigsear Mon 08-Sep-08 11:18:31

i dont advertise saying these are mine i simply advertise them as used and in what condition they are.thier sizes where they are fom etc and my photos are really good so you can see exactly what you are getting.

I dont send anything that isnt in fab condition.

She has left neg feedback saying i was rude. I have replied that her email was vile and if anyone would care to see then to please email me. Thst way they will see i was not the one being rude.

chapstickchick Mon 08-Sep-08 11:24:10

ah i understand you ....i shouldnt think anyone will tae any notice of her tbh but its a bugger this negative feedback isnt it?

pigsear Mon 08-Sep-08 12:44:21

its the fact that the sellers cant leave neg for the buyers. I have had 4 in the past month not bother to pay and had to have unpaid disputes in my favour.

Ebay is hard work. For very little money but that little bit is helping big time right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now