Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

So who's responsible for payment of returns?

(5 Posts)
nicolamumof3 Sat 06-Sep-08 09:49:45

I bought a 'lovely' m&p bag BIN £15 on Thursday night, over the moon when it arrived this morning. However one side of the lining is completely ripped, right along the length of the bag. This was not mentioned in the listing, and was not in the photographs, so i've emailed seller to say i will be returning.

Am i responsible for return postage costs too? thats all i wanted to know. I know i won't be refunded postage that she paid to send to me, but do i pay to return?

She has a 14 days return policy but doesn't comment on postage.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190249232885&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=009

Thanks grin

onelittlelion Sat 06-Sep-08 10:07:09

I know if you do it through paypal dispute the buyer has to return it and needs to be recorded. If it's a dispute you get a full refund including the postage she paid to send to you too I think. Not sure if just a return tho as it is her own return policy?

What a shame tho as know you were looking forward to getting it!

nicolamumof3 Sat 06-Sep-08 10:36:01

I know i was really pleased she had sent it so quick too! the woman has replied, and seems to genuinely not realised that it was ripped (im not sure how!) im sending back today so have to wait and see what I get refunded I suppose.

tootiredtothink Sat 06-Sep-08 11:05:46

She will have to refund all the money you paid including postage. Unfortuntely they don't have to refund your return postage costs - not fair when it's not as described though.

If she does seem genuine it might be worth asking her to refund your extra costs?

nicolamumof3 Sat 06-Sep-08 12:19:56

It just cost me over £5 to send back, I wanted to send recorded, to cover my back, so im hoping she will refund postage (bag sent to me, not return post) as otherwise it will work out I only get £10 back, and it cost me nearly £20 with the postage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now