Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer would like to combine several items and make an offer

(7 Posts)
EggyChick Fri 05-Sep-08 19:55:41

Hi I'm new to ebaying and have listed several items of a set separately. I have been contacted by a potential buyer who would like to buy all the items and has asked me for a price. What is the protocol here? Am I allowed to do this and if so, how. Many thanks in advance of response.

OneBoyOneGirl Fri 05-Sep-08 23:16:15

If you have no bids on the items, and would be interested to end them early, then you can add a buy it now price to the listings to add up to a total the bidder wants to pay. Thats the only way to do it 'by the book' as it were. And thats the only way you would be covered if anything went wrong with the transaction.

EggyChick Sat 06-Sep-08 13:57:11

Thanks for your response. I have lots of 'watchers' - up to 13 on each item and some bids so I think I'll let the auction run. She/he also wanted to purchase outside of ebay so I did smell a rat and declined. Have you been asked about postage to countries outside of the UK, for example Hungary? Have you ever sold to a european buyer? Thanks in advance of any responses.

OneBoyOneGirl Sat 06-Sep-08 15:01:07

I have sold to european buyers and have never had a problem as i always only accept paypal from these buyers and always post via courier so i have tracking details and insurance etc incase they say it doesn't arrive.

But like i say, ive never had a problem when sending abroad.

EggyChick Sat 06-Sep-08 15:36:28

Thanks for your help once again. Can I ask one further question. How do you give the potential buyer an estimate of the shipping cost?

It can get addictive, this ebaying lark!

OneBoyOneGirl Sat 06-Sep-08 17:01:34

If im going to be couriering abroad, i usually find a courier from ebay as they tend to be cheaper. You can type in Hungary Courier and you will get loads of results (usually DHL). Type the weight etc of the parcel in there and it should tell you how much to post.

Some of them you may need to email for a quote. Alternatively you can put the size and weight of the parcel into Royal Mail and get a quote.

Then just message the buyer with an estimate. When the item sells you can just amend the invoice to the new shipping cost.

EggyChick Sat 06-Sep-08 17:08:54

Thanks very much for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now