Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Before I leave nbeutral feedback,is it justified?

(7 Posts)
FuriousGeorge Fri 05-Sep-08 17:08:50

I won a DVD on the Friday before the Bank Holiday & paid via paypal immediately.It still hadn't arrived by the following Saturday the 30th,so I emailed the seller asking very nicely,if it had been despatched yet,as I was worried it had gone astray.

I got a reply 2 days later,saying it was on its way & should be recieved soon,and it arrived the next day.The postage was 1st class & was dated Saturday 30th,so obviously it wasn't lost in the post,it had just been held on to for a week.When it did arrive,there was someone elses invoice in it.

Whenever I sell something,I post it within 48hrs & email the buyer immediately to inform them,but perhaps not everyone does this.

I've not left a neutral or neg before & don't really want to have to do it,but I wasn't impressed by the transaction.

What do you think?

misdee Fri 05-Sep-08 17:23:08

when was the bank holiday?

we were delayed sending stuff from the last week of august (possibly bank holiday, cant remember the date) as dh was in hospital for two days, then i spent all of monday in hopsital with dd3.

StealthPolarBear Fri 05-Sep-08 17:24:30

i personally wouldn't leaveneutral but will be interested to see what others say

Lauriefairycake Fri 05-Sep-08 17:26:41

that's only 5 'working' days though (days when the post office is open) - I think it would be fair to allow longer for delivery than that but I'm not sure what ebay rules are.

missjennipenni Fri 05-Sep-08 19:24:38

ebay allows them 7 days for posting, so ok they were 1 day out but there WAS a bank holiday

so i personally think you are unjustified. Just give a lower star rating for despatch time instead!

FuriousGeorge Sat 06-Sep-08 11:50:40

Thank you for the responses.I'll leave positive,but a lower rating for the postage,as suggested.I suppose I must have been lucky in the past as I've always recieved stuff very quickly in the past.

3andnomore Sat 06-Sep-08 14:33:23

I had this recently and left positive feedback, however, with the stars you click on, I pressed on neither fast nor slow service...or whatever it is...delivery time, or something...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now