Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Perhaps not specifically an Ebay question -advice on best way to sell a Bugaboo Frog

(10 Posts)
malfoy Thu 04-Sep-08 16:12:10

I want to sell my Bugaboo (mistake purchase a year ago) and would welcome anybody sharing their experience or advice.

1. should I sell it as a "whole" or break it down into parts/ accessories?

2. I don't want to post/ courier it so would I be better off either using local classifieds/ www.nappyvalley.co.uk rather than eBay?

3. payment -presumably if doing pick up only I should insist on cash.

missjennipenni Thu 04-Sep-08 16:45:28

try gumtree, its free to advertise on there.

ALWAYS insist on cash

malfoy Thu 04-Sep-08 16:49:39

thanks. would I have to set a price? that's my other problem. no idea how much to ask.

will go and investigate gumtree.

TheBlonde Thu 04-Sep-08 16:50:03

families mag is free to advertise in
nappyvalley worth a shot
cash only for sure

TheBlonde Thu 04-Sep-08 16:50:39

look on ebay for completed listings - will give you an idea of price
also other for sale prices on nappy

missjennipenni Thu 04-Sep-08 16:50:40

On gumtree, you just ask the price you want for it. Its just like a local classified ads site.

malfoy Thu 04-Sep-08 16:52:13

thanks.

nicolamumof3 Fri 05-Sep-08 22:39:02

advertise on for sale boards here.

blueshoes Fri 05-Sep-08 23:11:20

Malfoy, if you are considering eBay, you can specify self-collection only. You will not get as good a price with self-collection, than if you are prepared to package and courier, because it automatically reduces your potential market, but eBay still has the widest market IMO, particularly if the buggy is in good condition. Bugaboos sell well on eBay - so I would prefer an auction rather than BIN. I would say sell as a whole, otherwise it is just too much trouble to arrange multiple collections.

Don't accept paypal. Insist on cash on collection. Good luck smile

malfoy Sun 07-Sep-08 16:00:35

thanks. I think I will go with ebay just because I have no idea how much to ask for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now