Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I'm a seller and buyer says she hasn't received the goods

(6 Posts)
bigspender30 Thu 04-Sep-08 13:13:12

How do i know she's not pulling a fast one? I have proof of postage somewhere( not recorded though). Whats the procedure and do i have to refund straight away?

paddingtonbear1 Thu 04-Sep-08 13:24:44

no real way of knowing unless you sent it recorded. How long has it been?
You may be able to get the money back from RM if you can find the proof of postage.
Some sellers put the onus on the buyer by saying they won't refund if the item gets lost in the post.
It's too easy for buyers to rip you off these days. I am a buyer mostly but an honest one!

tootiredtothink Thu 04-Sep-08 14:21:53

Think the answer is you don't know. But you have to follow the procedures and give them a refund. RM will refund you with the proof of postage.

I am a buyer on ebay (wouldn't dream of selling with all the horror stories i hear) and have had a parcel not arrive. The seller tried to do the "it's not my problem if item goes missing"!

The post office will only deal with the sender not the buyer. In the end I opened a dispute and she refunded me once I esculated.

After having (luckily only 1)parcel go missing I always ask for things to be sent recorded del. So much easier for all concerned.

Have you looked at their feedback? Has this happened before? Sadly things do go missing and as a buyer I hated that I wasn't believed (even though i have 100% feedback on over 250 items).

missjennipenni Thu 04-Sep-08 16:49:30

It doesnt matter if you take no responsibility for lost items, its your responsibilty to get it to your buyer, no matter what. Ebay insist on this. Therefore, paypal will refund hem if they open a dispute, no matter what your listing says.

Its not up to the buyer to pay for recorded, its the SELLER who needs this protection. The buyer will always get refunded unless you sent special delivery (recorded doesnt always work. If you pay for this as a buyer, you are being ripped off.

As for the OP, you will have to refund them, and you cant make them wait til you have claimed from RM.

bigspender30 Fri 05-Sep-08 12:26:26

have refunded as I don't want my 100% feedback blemished. Think the buyer looks pretty honest too as high 100% feedback also.
You learn a new thing every day

cargirl Fri 05-Sep-08 12:28:19

dig out the proof of posting and start your claim from RM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now