Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

what to do when seller ignores request for refund?

(19 Posts)
cheesesarnie Wed 03-Sep-08 19:27:02

no communication.sent 2 nicelt worded emails explaining the problem and that id like a refund.but no communication from them.

carrielou2007 Wed 03-Sep-08 19:45:17

How long has it been, what is the problem with the item? Any decent seller should refund you no problem but the reality is a lot of sellers will just ignore you and unless you have a sig not as described case not much you can do apart from relist item and neg seller. Give it a bit of time, they may not be online every day...

paddingtonbear1 Wed 03-Sep-08 19:46:19

How long has it been?
I had this, they did promise a refund and I sent the item back - a week later no refund. I threatened to open a dispute. They came up with some lame excuse for the delay but paid up.
Have you still got the item?

cheesesarnie Wed 03-Sep-08 19:52:17

i paid on 22nd august.recieved 2 days later.im not happy as was sold as topshop,but isnt-which i can see from poor quality and the fact another buyer got exactly the same dres and same problem .i paid more than i would for such poor quality so not as described at all.i still have it.waiting for message to say ok before returning.sad

paddingtonbear1 Wed 03-Sep-08 20:46:28

I'd expect a response by now yes. My item had stains on (seller said it was in excellent cond), which is why I asked for a refund. If it's really not as described I'd open a dispute. What happened with the other buyer? Did they just leave a neg?

cheesesarnie Wed 03-Sep-08 20:53:28

yep i contacted her,she said she had no response so just left neg.how do i open dispute?

paddingtonbear1 Thu 04-Sep-08 17:06:57

I've never actually done it, mine didn't get that far - but in My Ebay there is a 'dispute console' link on the left hand side. Try this, it will hopefully say what you need to do.

missjennipenni Thu 04-Sep-08 17:08:54

Dont do an Ebay dispute, that wont get you a refund! You need to do a paypal dispute!

cheesesarnie Fri 05-Sep-08 11:43:32

missjennipenni -thankyougrin!!!!how do i do that?

savoycabbage Fri 05-Sep-08 11:46:12

Also, if you think it is a 'counterfit' then report it to e-bay.

cheesesarnie Fri 05-Sep-08 11:58:04

ok thanks.just opened disput with paypal.thing is do i send it back now(recorded obviously) or wait till she agrees to refund?

cargirl Fri 05-Sep-08 12:00:01

don't send it back, paypal may well refund just because it is not as described.

missjennipenni Fri 05-Sep-08 19:26:26

Follow paypals instructions, they will tell you if/when to send it back

pushchair Fri 05-Sep-08 22:14:27

Cheesesarnie have left message for you on for free re volo.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Fri 05-Sep-08 22:22:28

oooooooo we have a paypal dispute and its been going on ages - paypal asked us to send it back whch we did and the seller agreed to this also as would settle out of paypal (fortunatly we didnt close dispute) anyway we paid £35 to send it back and the person refused to accept delivery so now we are having it returned to us at another £35 whilst paypal decide if there going to pay out - grrrrrrr. sorry not helpful but i at least got to vent grin

cheesesarnie Sat 06-Sep-08 10:54:32

thanks every one.
Nappyzoneneedssleep-sounds like a nightmare!how longs it been going on?

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sat 06-Sep-08 19:17:54

t6he transaction was early June! The item was smaller than ordered and damaged - they admitted it was wrong size but still wouldnt play ball........angry

cheesesarnie Sun 07-Sep-08 20:39:19

oh great!

GalanthusNivalis Mon 08-Sep-08 17:49:06

My dispute went really badly ; I opened paypal dispute as the item was completely different from theone described. I tried to agree with seller but she wouldn't do anything so Paypal said I had to send it back - which I did (recorded). However, the post office lost the parcel (recorded isn't as reliable as track and trace) and paypal said since I hadn't sent it back I couldn't have a refund. The post office are ignoring my complaint about the lost parcel. The seller put in an unpaid item strike against me and left defamatory comments on my feedback. I managed to get the strike removed. Ebay won't do anything about the feedback and I have neither a refund nor the item itself - bummer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now