Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

hmm do u think im being ripped off?

(9 Posts)
pippypoppypanda Sun 31-Aug-08 20:45:38

I bought a pair of ghd hair straighteners buy it now from a seller with 100% feedback. Paid straight away through paypal but when I went onto my ebay summary page there was nothing there! I clicked on the item number link in my receipt from paypal and it said invalid item! I've contacted seller but heard nothing - 60 quid has been takenn out my account tho........ eek! help!!!

Flibbertyjibbet Sun 31-Aug-08 20:59:02

Never heard of this before. Get onto paypal and hopefully you will get money back.

I don't buy anything worth more than a few quid from ebay these days, too many scammers.

pippypoppypanda Sun 31-Aug-08 21:21:54

oh fook

featherboa Sun 31-Aug-08 21:28:54

Sounds like an I.T. problem rather than a scammer, as how could a scammer fix Ebay's/your summary page so not to show anything there??(s'pose it's possible - but they would have to have hacked the system somehow?!?!)

Good luck!

pippypoppypanda Sun 31-Aug-08 21:31:57

yeah i was hoping thats what it would be!! But its not appeared yet! I've filed a thing in the resolution centre on paypal, hopefully they will suceed in contacting the seller smile

honeybehappy Sun 31-Aug-08 22:08:53

I heard a few stories like this on money saving expert the other day and the sellers account had been hacked.

hope this isn't the case for you.

featherboa Sun 31-Aug-08 22:17:14

Some auction sites can have anomalies. I once increased my bid amount on an item and it bloomin well increased the actual current price (as though I was a new bidder!! Bidding against myself??!?!)

missjennipenni Mon 01-Sep-08 08:23:06

sounds like an account was hacked, you will probably get an email from paypal or ebay about it

you can also try live help?

ProfYaffle Mon 01-Sep-08 08:30:41

Are other items showing up?

I had this once and it was a scam. The seller deleted the auction from Ebay and tried to get me to pay by credit card via a Chinese website hmm

Obviously I refused and reported it but at least I hadn't paid. Hope you get it sorted out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now