Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

sob i bought something over a week ago, it arrived today and not as described but i need it next week!! what do i do??

(10 Posts)
AnAngelWithin Sat 30-Aug-08 10:12:33

i bought ds2 a transformers outfit for a fancy dress party next week. I bought and paid for it by paypal on the 21st. It arrived this morning. Described as new with tags, which it is, but there are loads of litle 'liquid' (if that makes sense!) looking brown stains all over it!! I am not sure they would wash out cos the outfit doesnt look very washable! It says they accept returns but will only refund when they have recieved the item back, so meanwhile ive got no money to get one from somewhere else. Im struggling to find them in his size anyway anywhere other than ebay. Toysrus ones are too big for him. sad DS2 will be really upset. The person I bought it from has got others the same for sale but im not sure i would bet a better one now and then i would be stuffed. It probably would arrive in time now anyway. Oh buggering hell. angry

chipmonkey Sat 30-Aug-08 10:43:22

Have you contacted the seller?

Majeika Sat 30-Aug-08 10:44:56

what size do you need?

I bet a mumsnetter has one you could borrow!

AnAngelWithin Sat 30-Aug-08 10:55:59

i have emailed them saying that i have recieved it but that i am not very happy with it. i daresay cos its the weekend i wont get a response anyway til monday now. They have got others for sale so asked if they could send an unmarked one to be here by friday. will just have to see i guess.

thanks majeika but he wanted to keep it afterwards anyway. he loves his transformers.

Majeika Sat 30-Aug-08 11:17:45

but couldnt you borrow one until you can get another

we have lunar jim and ben10 I could post to you if it is any help!!

Majeika Sat 30-Aug-08 11:32:23

/

AnAngelWithin Sat 30-Aug-08 11:56:11

aww thank you majeika!! i have asked him and told him about your kind offer, but he is really set on being optimus prime!! i will wait and see if the seller respond. meanwhile i will ask MIL if she thinks the marks will come out, in case the seller wont/can't exchange. shes good at washing problems lol. thank you so much though! thats very kind of you! i might get back to you later if he changes his mind! smile

MatNanPlus Sat 30-Aug-08 11:59:10

What is the costume made of?

Is it painted or printed?

Is there an unnoticable bit you could try wiping with a damp cloth?

AnAngelWithin Sat 30-Aug-08 13:12:58

its this one

i might try wiping it anyway. it wont make it any worse anyway!!

MatNanPlus Sun 31-Aug-08 11:18:49

No true, it should be damp wipeable i would have thought, then again i would be tempted to lie it in the bath in a little cold water or shower it, but that is me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now