Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer not happy with my item (urgent)

(13 Posts)
MrsSnape Thu 28-Aug-08 14:28:12

I sent a dvd box set off yesterday and I checked it before I sent it and it was in perfect condition.

Anyway I've just received a snotty message from buyer saying the dvd case is cracked and half hanging off and she wants her money back and will be sending the box set back.

Can't really be arsed to argue although I am pissed off because she's either broken it and now I've left with a broken box set that nobody will buy or its been damaged in the post (unlikely).

So what's the procedure, do I refund after I get the item back and await the inevitable negative feedback or what? She's already threatened to report me to ebay if its not solved.

Friendlypizzaeater Thu 28-Aug-08 14:29:32

I refund once they have sent it back and I've inspected it.

MrsSnape Thu 28-Aug-08 14:30:34

Does it leave me stuck paying 2 sets of postage too?

Friendlypizzaeater Thu 28-Aug-08 14:34:52

If its faulty I normally pay the postage back, could you not go to HMV (or charity) sort of shop and buy a new empty case and send her that ?

If the DVD is ok can't see what the problem would be ... Of course the cynic in me says shes probably watched it and is now returning it grin

forevercleaning Thu 28-Aug-08 14:37:13

do you have a returns policy? Is it just the box? Can the silly cow not just put it into a different box?

Surely, you cannot be expected to oay for double postage either?

What happens with certificate of posting, if you got that it my cover some insurance i believe>

AvenaLife Thu 28-Aug-08 14:38:02

Hmm. She could be copying it. I'd just send her another box. All she needs to do is open it out and put the cover inside. It's no big deal.

She shouldn't be sending snotty emails though.

crokky Thu 28-Aug-08 14:41:12

I would ask her to write out an email stating that it was damaged on arrival and us it as evidence to submit a claim against Royal Mail (yourself) for the whole value of the item. Give her a refund and you ought to get the money back from RM.

AvenaLife Thu 28-Aug-08 14:42:47

I can't see how royal mail could have damaged it if it was in a boxed set? One DVD case in a wrapped box? hmm

MrsSnape Thu 28-Aug-08 14:48:30

It was a box set of 7 dvds but set out in a digipack style so one box with 7 plastic cases inside featuring 1 dvd each.

I really don't see how it would have been damaged in the post for this reason. I reckon she's eithr copied them and broke the case to get a refund or is just trying it on and hoping I refund before she sends it back.

She reckons she is annoyed because she bought it as a present and now has to buy another one hmm

I have sent a message back saying as soon as I receieve the item back, I'll refund her money but I'm so angry no wonder people are giving up on ebay.

KnickersOnMaHead Fri 29-Aug-08 17:35:32

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Fri 29-Aug-08 17:38:19

NEVER refund before getting the item back.

I don't know any business that will do that.

Most designate that hte buyer has to pay return postage.

tiggerlovestobounce Fri 29-Aug-08 17:42:39

Might be worth checking her feedback and seeing if she has been unlucky before.
If you do give her feedback mention what happened in it to alert others.

lilysmummy2007 Sat 30-Aug-08 03:20:28

if you dont have a refund policy, you are under no obligation to give her a refund,most she can do is leave negative feedback and if the item arrived damaged, you sent it perfectly, get a statement from her, saying that it arrived that way, take that and your PO reciept and try to claim it back from the PO, only if you get the money back, then give her a refund and P+P is not refundable fullstop. if you want Im a star customer and have a special access number, i can find out for you the best course of action.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now