Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

says paypal only but seller wants to send PO....

(15 Posts)
lulu2 Wed 27-Aug-08 15:31:26

item sold and in the listing i put paypal only but i have had a message from buyer asking for my address as they don't have a paypal account so they can send me a postal order.
I replied pointing out paypal only and the buyer has asked again for my address.
Any advice on what i should do? part of me wants to accept the p/order but part of me thinks i should stick to my guns.
Can i not accept it and report the buyer for non payment?
Thanks for reading.

bubblagirl Wed 27-Aug-08 15:44:36

i had this happen and excepted postal order sent that once via recorded or special delivery and just let it go

have also made the mistake of buyin g from someone when it was paypal didnt check just bought last minute but they were kind enough to allow me to send postal order

CountessDracula Wed 27-Aug-08 15:46:48

Well you only have two courses of action

1. Accept it
2. Don't

Email them back saying "I specified paypal only, unless you can pay now I will re-list and report you"

That should do it

Isn't a PO cash effectively? What is wrong with them sending one?

bubblagirl Wed 27-Aug-08 15:51:31

they obviously made same mistake as i made one time and was so happy someoen was nice enough to continue its not as if they dont want to pay so that would be unfair they made a mistake

if you dont want to except it say your really sorry but only except paypal or say well this once i will but i usually only take paypla and have your PO at least they want to pay for it nothing worse than someoen who doeasnt let it go this once

CarGirl Wed 27-Aug-08 15:53:09

postal orders are guaranteed payment better than paypal IMO

lulu2 Wed 27-Aug-08 15:54:00

You are right countessdracula, also if i take a postal order i won't have to pay ebay fees.

lulu2 Wed 27-Aug-08 15:55:23

but then what happens if the postal order gets lost in the post?

bubblagirl Wed 27-Aug-08 15:57:06

get it sent special delivery or recorded

CarGirl Wed 27-Aug-08 15:58:20

if you don't received payment then don't send it. I believe they cancel a PO that is lost in the post as it's all computerised these days.

armarda Wed 27-Aug-08 16:07:44

How much are we talking about here? If a small amount that would be one thing but if a large amount I would be nervous.

bluefox Wed 27-Aug-08 16:08:31

Dont send an uncrossed postal order by recorded delivery - you are not covered for loss.

bluefox Wed 27-Aug-08 16:11:13

Sorry - meant dont get an uncrossed PO seent by recorded delivery. If it gets into the wrong hands anyone can cash it.

lulu2 Wed 27-Aug-08 16:33:31

it's only £5 but will only send item when postal order received and cashed.

KnickersOnMaHead Wed 27-Aug-08 18:15:32

Message withdrawn

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 27-Aug-08 18:35:46

Some people on ebay don't have bank accounts, never mind paypal accounts.
I've had people send me POs to. I don't get annoyed, I just think, well if thats the only way they can pay, then I will accept it graciously. It costs them quite a hefty % of the value to buy it. Ask them to send it recorded. You can just pay them in at the bank like a cheque, you don't have to go to the post office to cash it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now