Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

how long should I wait for a refund?

(8 Posts)
paddingtonbear1 Tue 26-Aug-08 09:45:40

I won some designer trousers on ebay, but they arrived stained. I emailed the seller, who said they hadn't noticed but no problem, I could send back for a refund. I sent them back first class last Tuesday morning, then emailed the seller to say they were on the way. I've not heard anything since. How long should I give it, and if no luck what do I do? not had this problem before.
The seller has had a few trades since, but buying not selling. They did sell a few items at the time my auction ended, but nobody else has left feedback either. (I haven't yet).

sixlostmonkeys Tue 26-Aug-08 11:36:41

check your tracking number on the RM website. If they have received it then they should refund straight away

paddingtonbear1 Wed 27-Aug-08 09:15:35

looks like they should have received it, but still no refund. Argh!

sixlostmonkeys Wed 27-Aug-08 09:25:22

message them and ask them. If they don't respond open a dispute. keep hold of your tracking number

KnickersOnMaHead Wed 27-Aug-08 11:11:37

Message withdrawn

sixlostmonkeys Wed 27-Aug-08 12:12:36

did the tracking number indicate that it has already been signed for?

paddingtonbear1 Thu 28-Aug-08 23:15:05

hi, yes he deffo got them back - in fact they are now relisted!! Using the same photo. And still no refund!! Am opening a dispute...

paddingtonbear1 Fri 29-Aug-08 11:28:29

result - got my refund.. he claimed he asked his gf to refund a few days ago. don't know if I believe that but I got the money back anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now