Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

has anyone used a courier to collect an item for them?

(7 Posts)
paddingtonbear1 Fri 22-Aug-08 21:21:39

Am currently watching 2 trailerbikes, but they are collection only and the address is nowhere near me. I'm watching them as I'm looking for a particular type which don't come up very often. Could I get a courier to collect them and bring them up to me? Has anyone done this - how much does it cost? Was just wondering if it's worth it or to wait and see if one comes up nearer.

gemmiegoatlegs Fri 22-Aug-08 21:24:33

i have arranged courier delivery as a seller to send my double buggy to the buyer. I think I paid a flat rate of £7.50 and i passed the charge on to the buyer through P&P. Ask the seller if you can arrange courier collection, or if they can arrange for you (will be more convenient for them). i will have a look and see which courier I used

paddingtonbear1 Sat 23-Aug-08 12:11:37

thanks, the sellers are saying buyers have to arrange collection. I have heard of Parcels 2 go, I think the price depends on weight doesn't it?

misdee Sat 23-Aug-08 12:13:30

ask thre sellers if its ok to send a courier. as it means waiting in all day for items to be collected.

paddingtonbear1 Tue 26-Aug-08 09:46:58

cheers, of course, I forgot!
I did email the seller and he said it would be OK. They are moving house and want shot of the item!

nicolamumof3 Wed 27-Aug-08 09:27:48

ask the seller for dimensions/weight as all couriers require this then you can get an idea of price before you win the bid! good luck.

paddingtonbear1 Wed 27-Aug-08 22:09:07

Yes I got this from the seller, and hopefully have booked courier for tomorrow.
Not too bad a price really all told - the poor guy paid 300 quid for this item new, and I got it for less than 40 including delivery! I bet he's thinking it wasn't worth the hassle now.... (I was the only bidder)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now